EA Selected for Multi-Year Agreement for Future of Star Wars Games

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», May 06, 2013, 01:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ELECTRONIC ARTS SELECTED FOR MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS GAMING

http://starwars.com/news/electronic-arts-selected-for-multi-year-agreement-for-the-future-of-star-wars-gaming.html

who was talking about hateing EA? well  here ya go

"but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay." what does this mean for "swbf3"?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

DICE?

This might actually be good news with regards to Star Wars: Battlefront III because, after all, the original Battlefront was heavily inspired by, if not a complete copy of, Battlefield 1942.

I think that was me who said I hated EA. Out of all the video game producers, EA, really? I guess somebody should make an unofficial BF3, cause the EA version will be crap. Wait, didn't all the companies that tried to make BF3 die?  :cheer:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on May 06, 2013, 01:23:10 PM
I think that was me who said I hated EA. Out of all the video game producers, EA, really? I guess somebody should make an unofficial BF3, cause the EA version will be crap. Wait, didn't all the companies that tried to make BF3 die?  :cheer:

The announcement doesn't mention SWBF3.  And, even if it did, EA is probably too big from for one failed venture to kill them.

The importance of this announcement is to address some criticisms that had been leveled against Disney; namely, that is was focusing on mobile games while eschewing what have been referred to as being hardcore consumers of video games.

It's that, pure and simple.  It does, however, lead to speculation about the potential development of SWBF3.

Aye, this news does lead to speculation if we will finally see SWBF3. I am glad though that we won't be stuck with mobile gaming however, since we have EA doing this, they should handle it alright. The last thing I need however is for the shooter games to be a clone of Battlefield rated M...

Worst case scenario... but somehow best case scenario at the same time.

I'm pretty impressed that Disney didn't sit on the IP for awhile, and that they licensed Star Wars games to a publisher with the studios, the money, and the talent to produce great AAA games. The potential for a DICE SWBF3 with massive space/air battles is unbelievable.

Edit: Even though Bioware already made SW:TOR, and there probably won't be any more KOTOR games, I can't help but think there are a lot of other settings that Bioware could explore for RPG's.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Josh on May 06, 2013, 01:23:10 PM
i think it might also be sleepkiller, he was ranting about ea in my sim city topic
i think this would be good if they make a swbf3. From what iv heard, bf3 is pretty good.

I think I have died a little inside. Say good bye to your hopes for modding on any future SW game and say hello to day one DLC, micro-transactions for the game you paid $60-$80 and requiring Origin to play. Also don't expect the gameplay from a SWBFIII made by EA to be anything like SWBF or SWBFII. Expect the I see you first, I kill you first formula.

At least we might get a new SW RPG made by BioWare. Still, next to nothing good comes from this news.

Fun Fact: Did you know that Pandemic and BioWare were the same company before being acquired by EA?

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 06, 2013, 05:43:10 PM
I think I have died a little inside. Say good bye to your hopes for modding on any future SW game and say hello to day one DLC, micro-transactions for the game you paid $60-$80 and requiring Origin to play. Also don't expect the gameplay from a SWBFIII made by EA to be anything like SWBF or SWBFII. Expect the I see you first, I kill you first formula.

At least we might get a new SW RPG made by BioWare. Still, next to nothing good comes from this news.

Fun Fact: Did you know that Pandemic and BioWare were the same company before being acquired by EA?
Wow, couldn't have said it any better, well, ok maybe just a smidge. My turn to rant!  :)

I'm going to compare this to the Papyrus-got-their-exclusive-rights-to-NASCAR-pulled-out-from-under-them-by- EA-and-went-out-of-buisiness=but-made-the-best-of-it-and-created-iRacing. EA has ruined pretty much everything lately, NASCAR games and NFS games to give some examples. SW will be no exeption.  :( BUT I say we act like Papyrus did, only we need to mod SWBF1 into SWBF3...             WHO IS WITH ME!  :)

they make EVERYTHING.
including a terrible work enviornment

Quote from: samsung on May 06, 2013, 05:59:02 PM
Doesn't ea make sport games?
Yeah, like the NHL series, which may be more realistic, but to shoot they dang puck you practically have to do...        Y+X+Right hat left+click down right hat release right hat hit x

Totally ruins the game

Didn't EA get named "worst company"?

Josh nice profile picture