Running SWBF2 Without a Disc

Started by Ascertes, April 29, 2016, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Recently, I lost my SWBF2 disc on my way home from vacation  :whip: I have no qualms about buying another copy, but I would like to know if its possible to run SWBF2 without the disc.

Thanks in advance  :)

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Of course it's possible. Look for No-CD patch on the Internet.

You should just try to run it without a disk.  I don't think SWBF2 was ever DRMd, unlike SWBF1.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It was possible run it without a disk through x fire so I expect it's quite easy to launch by opening it directly from the folder (or setting it up to do that on Steam).

Or I've just sent you a steam code I had for it which you can use or give away. ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

The GameMaster patch works without the disc, I think.

Led is correct, it doesn't absolutely require the disc. I just had to go into:

Program Files(x86)/Lucasarts/Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData then select the BattlefrontII application and it launched without problem. Everything seems to be working fine, so yay! Though I suspect if I ever want to install it on another computer I'll need a disc or get a steam account  :confused:

gdh, since I don't have a steam account you can keep the code :)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.