Help, first time modder here

Started by Eldelnas, April 15, 2016, 01:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 15, 2016, 01:47:15 PM Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:54:18 PM by Eldelnas
Hi, I'm trying to do my first map for battlefront 2 but i have a problem... I want to put a rebel corvette crashed in the middle of the map, but it's not visible at a distance, it just becomes transparent instead of showing a lowrez texture. Does anybody know how to make it visible?

See link for pictures: http://imgur.com/a/5j1xi

I know that there's a mod out there called "luna" that has this same model in their map, and it's completely visible.

PS: also, if anybody knows how to make a map available only for galactic civil war era please let me know how :)

Thanks in advance  :tu:
SWBF2 player since 2005 but noob modder.

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers

It's possible the model was modified from its original version to appear at a longer distance. I'm no expert on editing models, but your best bet would be to start looking at the MSH file for this particular model. The MSH calls the textures to be used for the model, and those will show up as you view the MSH. I think you'll want to play around with the textures probably. (If you're not sure what MSH is used for this, look in the corvette's ODF file.)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I think it will be fine if you just increase the visibility range of the map.To do that go to your world1 folder and find your 3 letter name .sky file

For example if your 3 letter name map is ABC then find the ABC.sky file
Open it then find this parameters.

PC()
   {
      NearSceneRange(150.0, 250.0, 250.0, 400.0);
      FarSceneRange(3000.000000, 5000.0);

This here is from my map sky file.As you see i edited the FarSceneRange to 3000 and 5000.
Try something like that and munge your map and test :)

May 29, 2016, 07:52:59 AM #3 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 07:55:14 AM by Eldelnas
Thanks a lot Ginev, that worked!  :cheer: Thanks to you too Ascertes for your reply.
Sorry for my late reply, I didn't see your messages until today.
SWBF2 player since 2005 but noob modder.

Mod projects:
-Battle of Jakku
-Malachor
-Death Troopers