Battlefront 2 Dynamic Light (I think its discovery)

Started by Ginev, April 05, 2016, 11:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I accidently found this on the original Battlefront 2 Naboo map.
This feature was never used before in other maps and trust me i am playing alot of mod-maps.To be honest like a modder i was thinking this is impossible but here it is.I made my test map darker so you can see the light better but also and to hide my objects :D

This Naboo odf file contain all the neccesary information: nab2_prop_lampost_hang

That lamp have hardpoint with attached effect.That effect contain a tga texture and here is the interesting thing.
The texture using a -cubemap option file.First i was thinking that only material of models are using -cubemap .msh option file but it seems textures can use that too.However this will not make the texture shiny.It will make the texture moving on the surface of the surrounding models.

See it by yourself and tell me what you think guys:

That is amazing!  :o

To think that this game is almost eleven years old and still has a few surprises left in it is simply astounding.

This is an excellent find, and I'm interested to see what you end up doing with it.

Awesome!!  :D

Hey, Ginev, there's a project for SWBF2 I think you should check out: http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32064

Since you're doing something similar, I think if you guys teamed up you could make something pretty amazing.

I was using AnonymoX program to enter that website but now that program is not working and sadly i can't anymore.I cannot enter the link.

No i haven't tryed.What is his mail name and what i have to tell him in order to enter gametoast?

I mail to guru and told him i cannot enter gametoast.Now im waiting to see response from him.