Space Modding

Started by Ascertes, January 09, 2016, 10:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 09, 2016, 10:37:07 AM Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:44:55 PM by Ascertes
Alright, I need a little help with making space maps, and just some pointers on modding for SWBF2 in general. I downloaded the tools and I have them in the right location (C:/BF2_ModTools/). I also have v1.1 installed. Specifically, I need help with the following:

-Objects are clearly placed in the default map setup (2 capital ships, 2 frigates.) However, they are not selectable and don't even show up in the object list (the whole object list is empty as a matter of fact.) Is there a way to select them, or are they actually not there? Fixed by changing the layer.

-I gave the map an appropriate name in the VisualMunge, but it shows up in the play list as "SSB%s_%s". SSB was the 3-letter title I gave the map, but that wasn't the full length title. How do I get it to display correctly? Fixed by running the vistamungefix batch file.

-I never transferred any files or anything after munging the map, and it automatically showed up in the playlist. This is all well and nice, but I may not always want to have this map as playable. How do I remove it? It's not in the addon folder. Fixed. The files are saving in an addon folder under another location so I have to remove them from there.

-Whenever I attempt to play the map, the game crashes and says "Could not open mission.lvl". Have I done something incorrectly? Fixed by the running the vistamungefix batch file.

I know this is a lot of questions without a lot of detail, but I feel I'm in way over my head. Any help or tutorials or guides would be greatly appreciated!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Have you checked all map layers?
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

January 18, 2016, 11:58:57 AM #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:03:54 PM by Led
1)I think this is your first battlefront 2 map?
2)Or did you get a windows update recently? (A windows update can modify the original munge)
3)What version of windows are you using? (7/8/8.1/10/)
4)The munge time is very short?

This problem is very famous...and very boring :censored:...I spent hours on it...but here's THE solution:
-1) download the visualmunge fix here ---->https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfbggjll1fiv9y3/munge_fix.zip?dl=0 (hey staff, I think it will be useful if they were a local link)
-2) Just replace the original files by the news

And that's good.... :cheer: Enjoy  :moo:

edit:  local link

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1360
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

January 19, 2016, 02:24:57 PM #3 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:07:52 PM by Ascertes
Alright, I'll see if any of the suggestions put forward work. I'll let you know when I find anything.

Quote from: Cdt Fox on January 18, 2016, 11:58:57 AM
1)I think this is your first battlefront 2 map?
2)Or did you get a windows update recently? (A windows update can modify the original munge)
3)What version of windows are you using? (7/8/8.1/10/)
4)The munge time is very short?

This problem is very famous...and very boring :censored:...I spent hours on it...but here's THE solution:
-1) download the visualmunge fix here ---->https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfbggjll1fiv9y3/munge_fix.zip?dl=0 (hey staff, I think it will be useful if they were a local link)
-2) Just replace the original files by the news

And that's good.... :cheer: Enjoy  :moo:

edit:  local link

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1360

To answer your questions:

1) Yes it is, can you tell? :blink:

2) No I haven't.

3) Windows 8.

4) Very short.

Also, where do I extract the files when I unzip the folder for the VisualMunge fix?

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

Quote from: Ascertes on January 19, 2016, 02:24:57 PM
Alright, I'll see if any of the suggestions put forward work. I'll let you know when I find anything.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes it is, can you tell? :blink:

2) No I haven't.

3) Windows 8.

4) Very short.

Also, where do I extract the files when I unzip the folder for the VisualMunge fix?
If the munge time is very short you may need the fixed bat files, for some reason the installed ones don't do their job, replace the original files in "data" with the contents of the archive below, these files will be copied onto every mod folder you create from then on and it should munge as it should.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/al6xtz949bz719h/data.7z

I think someone posted them already but this one would serve as mirror just in case.
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

January 22, 2016, 10:36:51 AM #5 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:35:45 PM by Ascertes
Quote from: VanFanel1980mx on January 21, 2016, 02:01:15 AM
If the munge time is very short you may need the fixed bat files, for some reason the installed ones don't do their job, replace the original files in "data" with the contents of the archive below, these files will be copied onto every mod folder you create from then on and it should munge as it should.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/al6xtz949bz719h/data.7z

I think someone posted them already but this one would serve as mirror just in case.

Alright, so the munge_fix.zip contains a folder titled vistamungefix, which is the only folder in the zip. So take all the contents of that folder and replace the default items/folders that came with the original BF2_ModTools under the "data" folder with the ones in the zip. Got it.

UPDATE: No good. It still crashes saying it couldn't open the mission.lvl file, and the display name in the list is still messed up.

check your addon folder, I am pretty sure it didn't munge for some reason, I fixed it with those files, btw, did you also put the fixed bat files on your mod folder? you should.

Quote from: VanFanel1980mx on January 22, 2016, 01:01:12 PM
check your addon folder, I am pretty sure it didn't munge for some reason, I fixed it with those files, btw, did you also put the fixed bat files on your mod folder? you should.

I scrapped the original mod folder then replaced the files in the default data folder with the ones in the zip. When I created a new mod folder, the new bat files were copied over.

And which addon folder? I don't have an addon folder located in the BF2_ModTools folder. It just copies straight to the GameData/Addon folder.

The addon folder in your game folder, if you had the same problem as I did nothing was copied over to the game, only the three letter folder.

Quote from: VanFanel1980mx on January 23, 2016, 08:25:08 PM
The addon folder in your game folder, if you had the same problem as I did nothing was copied over to the game, only the three letter folder.

I think my problem might be similar, but not exactly the same. My SSB folder has a "data" folder, which contains the _LVL_PC folder, and an addme SCRIPT file. The _LVL_PC folder is totally empty however and I think this is where the the problem is. The munge time is still very short, mind you, even with the new bat files.

Exactly, nothing is being copied, well, maybe not even munging.

Quote from: VanFanel1980mx on January 24, 2016, 01:25:26 PM
Exactly, nothing is being copied, well, maybe not even munging.

So the question becomes how to fix it, and I have no ideas  :'(

The data fixed bats did the trick for me, I wonder why they didn't work for you.

Quote from: VanFanel1980mx on January 25, 2016, 08:42:10 AM
The data fixed bats did the trick for me, I wonder why they didn't work for you.

I really have no idea. I create the new folder with the new bat files, open zero editor, move some objects around, save, close zeroeditor, go to VisualMunge, clean everything, then munge everything. I have no idea what's going on  :wacko:

Quote from: Ascertes on January 25, 2016, 09:32:13 PM
I really have no idea. I create the new folder with the new bat files, open zero editor, move some objects around, save, close zeroeditor, go to VisualMunge, clean everything, then munge everything. I have no idea what's going on  :wacko:

Try to re - install completely the Mod Tool and try with the link I sent you before : - Unzip all the files (on the desk for exemple)
                                                                                                                                                 - Open the vistamunhefix folder and copy all the files     located in the folder
                                                                                                                                                 - Paste the files in C/BF2_Modtool/data
                                                                                                                                                 - Launch the "vistamungefix.bat"
At this point this should work!
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif