Is there a way to make particle effects render more reliably in multiplayer?

Started by Blur, August 18, 2018, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've noticed it happens on space maps, the glow around grenades and torpedoes and bombs, and the particles around rockets stop appearing. It gets progressively worse through the match, usually by the end spaceship exhaust plumes never appear, basically no glow or particle effects render. Any way to put a stop to this? It doesn't seem to affect single player on the same maps, they only time I've seen this occur in single player is in gigantic mod maps, ones heavily populated with vehicles and things.

Any chance there's something on my end I can do to stop this from happening in multiplayer? I doubt it's that my computer is chugging, since the frame rate stays fine and it's no different than in singleplayer, where the particle effects render just as they should.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

What ever is causing this is hard coded into the game EXE or dlls which can't be modified easily.

Also, it's not just items like contrails and grenade glow but also removes things like the flat 2D ships from the sky.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Huh, I see. That really is too bad. On the bright side, I'm getting better at locking on to spaceships I can't see and just shooting in the center of the target indicator.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper