Favorite spacecraft?

Started by Blur, July 28, 2018, 08:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of all the spaceraft types, which is your favorite to play in general?

Intercepters! GIVE ME SPEED
0 (0%)
Fighters! They're a jack of all trades, master of...all of them, actually.
1 (16.7%)
Bombers! That extra health is the difference between life and death, and they can still barrel roll!
0 (0%)
Gunships! Gotta love a vehicle that doesn't burst into flames if you leave it parked too long.
3 (50%)
It's not technically a spaceship, but snowspeeders are still flyers, I guess I'll include them.
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Playing on the space server has me thinking about this; I used to simply fly the gunship to the enemy hanger, but on a server with other players, it's usually destroyed in seconds. Flying it around with a crew of teammates is surprisingly fun, the Imperial landing craft in particular is devastating, since a competent tail gunner helps to protect against bombers coming up behind you and bombing you out of the sky.

What are your favorite ship types?
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

In my case the gunships. In SWBF2 singleplayer (especially in galactic conquest mode) they're really useful if your main objective is to destroy the components of the enemy main ship (like star destroyer). On many occasions I have won games using only one gunship and infiltrating the hangar of the enemy ship, entering the interior and damaging the shield generator, the vital maintenance... Of course that isn't enough because there are elements like the communications antenna that you cannot destroy inside, but using torpedoes and rest of ammo is enough.

I suppose that as you said the gunships don't last long in a multiplayer server, but I guess it will depend on the objective in which you are determined to attack, so it's logical that the gunship is destroyed in seconds.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Yeah, you can rack up points extremely fast inside the enemies ship, so people usually make a point of defending it, a lot of times they'll take a ship like a bomber and just land on the enemy gunship to quickly destroy it, to prevent people from spawning at it.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

The mechanics of snowspeeders and ATAT takedowns are marvelous.  Always impressed at how well they pulled that off, even though it showed up in other games.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.