Which is more popular?

Started by SoSeventiesGuy, October 11, 2017, 08:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would battlefront 2 be more popular than the original EA release?

Battlefront 2 will be more popular :D
8 (61.5%)
Battlefront 1 will be more popular :D
1 (7.7%)
Both will be equal! :D
1 (7.7%)
Idk :/
1 (7.7%)
Derp
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Battlefront was a flop.

The 2 will hopefully be more attentive towards his fans and become more popular.
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

Definitely Battlefront II. It's an improvement in almost every way.

Quote from: DylanRocket on October 12, 2017, 12:31:59 PM
Definitely Battlefront II. It's an improvement in almost every way.
There is no doubt that it is improved, but the last game reportedly had record sales. And it ended up burning a lot of Star Wars fans, with the lackluster content and replay-ability. They are going to have a tough time convincing people like me (someone who bought the deluxe version of the last game) to buy their game.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I never bought or played EA's Battlefront, I don't plan to in the near future too, as well for its sequel, I have better things to spend my time and do$h into.

RELEASE INCOMING

Context please: are we talking about Pandemic's Battlefront games here, or DICE's?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Dice's I think.

RELEASE INCOMING

If we're talking DICE, their SWBF2 isn't released yet so it would be difficult to answer that, but I think it will turn out that SWBF2 will be more popular.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I think number 2 will be more liked but slightly lower sales. To be honest I'm also hoping they get a backlash over loot crates and that affects sales. :td:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 14, 2017, 04:03:50 AM
I think number 2 will be more liked but slightly lower sales. To be honest I'm also hoping they get a backlash over loot crates and that affects sales. :td:

Doubtful, highly doubtful. They recently clarified that the Loot Crate system doesn't work like people are assuming it to. You can't buy the most powerful things, you have to earn them through ingame actions, and certain 'levels' of items in the boxes can only be equipped after you reach a certain level (much like the first game where you couldn't get certain Star Cards or guns until a certain level)
In Progress:

On Hold:

I think it's more of general dislike towards loot boxes; although they may not turn out to be totally encouraging pay-to-win gameplay, they are in some ways exploitive.

Although I read a good analogy that they are not more harmful to younger players than those coin operated toy dispensers you see around.

One does here of those horror stories that impressionable players are spending thousands on these things. All those stupid unboxing videos encourage it, it's horrible.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 14, 2017, 04:03:50 AM
Yeah, I think you are spot on here. With a few years of new Star Wars stuff out, the initial cash-in of the first game is now past, and they will have to sell it as a good game on it's own, because if you just want a Star Wars game with AAA graphics, the Ultimate Edition is like $5 right now.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014