SWBFSpy: All You Need To know (Download patches here)

Started by Anyder, May 27, 2016, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: OnlineX420 on July 06, 2016, 10:33:18 PM
Thank you, will try will a friend.
If it works. I'll push it out to my subs.

Link to your channel?

SUSPICIONS ABOUT THE PATCH:

• It works to fix your windows registry if for some reason it is missing and you get the CDKey error
  • It does not always work if others have used the patch too and are already on the same server, then you need to run the CDKey.exe file OR manually change the key in the registry by at least 1 digit

Unfortunately results have not been consistent but I do have some more evidence I can pour over to see if there is a clue about what exactly is happening between client and server.  I will try to run some tests tonight.

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on July 07, 2016, 12:49:20 PM
SUSPICIONS ABOUT THE PATCH:

• It works to fix your windows registry if for some reason it is missing and you get the CDKey error
  • It does not always work if others have used the patch too and are already on the same server, then you need to run the CDKey.exe file OR manually change the key in the registry by at least 1 digit

Unfortunately results have not been consistent but I do have some more evidence I can pour over to see if there is a clue about what exactly is happening between client and server.  I will try to run some tests tonight.

Changing the registry only works for disk versions by the way. I own both and found the Steam app ID for BF2 (6060) and it showed nothing of use... I believe editing the registry only even works because GameSpy shutdown, so there's nothing to verify the key is valid.

Hey guys, so just found this, some friends and I are having a problem. Can we play on the server we're hosting? Because we can't seem to play in game if we're hosting.

Thanks!

Yes.   Please tell us how you are hosting--with the dedicated server software, or through the game (like the steam version of the game or game CD).

Also, tell us what patch you are using for SWBFspy--

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

How would I know if it installed properly is there some way to confirm it?

Quote from: Wheatbro on September 12, 2016, 03:20:22 PM
How would I know if it installed properly is there some way to confirm it?

Well as long as you load your game up with "Battlefront SWBFSpy.exe" for now on (or whatever you may have renamed it to) then if you select multiplayer it should pop up with a bunch of servers.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Wheatbro on September 12, 2016, 04:17:29 PM
it asked me for gamespy when i did it

you can make a password if you want, or else just hit "join" to see the server list
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

For some reason when I replaced my executable with the patched SWBFspy version, it wouldn't launch the game, saying its "missing the executable" So I renamed the patched exe to "battlefrontII.exe", game now launches and runs reliably, I can connect to the SWBFspy servers and play. That said, for whatever reason, I can no longer connect to servers through gameranger. :confused: I can log in to GR and join lobbies, but when I launch Battlefront 2 via 'join' button it just says "connecting" for 15 seconds, then says "connection to host could not be established". To make matters worse, I switched back to the vanilla version of the executable and the problem persists, not sure why. I was under the impression that it was possible to use both SWNFspy and GR simultaneously. Either I'm missing something or I made a mistake of some sort.
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

[edited]

Quote from: Blur on September 18, 2016, 07:50:49 AM
For some reason when I replaced my executable with the patched SWBFspy version, it wouldn't launch the game, saying its "missing the executable" So I renamed the patched exe to "battlefrontII.exe", game now launches and runs reliably, I can connect to the SWBFspy servers and play. That said, for whatever reason, I can no longer connect to servers through gameranger. :confused: I can log in to GR and join lobbies, but when I launch Battlefront 2 via 'join' button it just says "connecting" for 15 seconds, then says "connection to host could not be established". To make matters worse, I switched back to the vanilla version of the executable and the problem persists, not sure why. I was under the impression that it was possible to use both SWNFspy and GR simultaneously. Either I'm missing something or I made a mistake of some sort.
You cant use the patched version for both.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Hi, I'm new to this site and really just created an account to play online so sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead post but every time I try and load up the game with the new exe it opens like it wants to start the game but then doesn't go any further and freezes. I'm on win 7 if it makes any difference.

Quote from: cjlaw on October 11, 2016, 02:26:01 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and really just created an account to play online so sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead post but every time I try and load up the game with the new exe it opens like it wants to start the game but then doesn't go any further and freezes. I'm on win 7 if it makes any difference.
Dont worry, people can post in this thread anytime.
Make sure u are running the new exe, and not the old one. If u freeze it means u are not using the patch.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Hey all, I have a friend having trouble getting Steam to connect to the game after they replaced the executable. They bought the game through steam and would like to see the overlay and record hours, but it appears Steam can't find the game now. Any idea how to fix?

EDIT: This is Battlefront 2 that we're talking about.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper