Could not connect to host? SWBFspy 1.2 original cd game.

Started by SolidSoul, June 24, 2020, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The IP address listed by BF1 is likely your local IP address.
It is only relevant if using direct connect (if you're on the same network, you'll use that local IP, otherwise, you'll use the public IP given to the outside world).

Like I said, I wish I could help more, but I don't know many people familiar enough with emulation of the game.  I do remember something about using the same key, which the game internally does a check even though it shouldn't be (because the server doesn't).  I don't know where you'd find that in the Wine wrapper settings though.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Okay. As I can't figure a way to connect to the swbfspy servers on linux. Is there any other way for me and my cousin to just directly connect to each others computers. I saw there is Gameranger; would that maybe work? I don't care so much about getting on servers as I do just being able to play while he is away.

Quote from: SolidSoul on June 28, 2020, 12:48:25 PM
Okay. As I can't figure a way to connect to the swbfspy servers on linux. Is there any other way for me and my cousin to just directly connect to each others computers. I saw there is Gameranger; would that maybe work? I don't care so much about getting on servers as I do just being able to play while he is away.
You don't need swbfspy in other to play with your cousin if you live together - just use LAN.

Give a shot to gameranger, I do not know if it's gonna be the solution or not, but I'd definitely give it a try.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Game ranger is saying "Host registration failed". Is this because Im using the swbfspy patch? Is there a no cd patch that does not add the swbfspy servers, that I can use?