Faults with SWBF1 Standard Maps

Started by Hardcore, February 07, 2009, 08:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just wondering if anyone has anything they don't like, think is done wrong ect ect about the Standard maps, this isn't counting the normal glitches that people can use but more so modeling errors, and so on with just layout things and other problems.

Hardcore
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

A lot of the models on Endor are a bit big. So, you can't drive a speeder through some areas and instead you get killed.

For some reason I don't like the layout of Yavin 4: Temple. I don't really know why, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't mind that I lag sometimes on it, but it's something else that I can't explain.

As for other things I don't like about some maps, is that some teams get vehicles that aren't as good as their opponents.

I'll find some other things to rant about later. <_<

I don't really like Yavin 4 maps at all, and I never found shotguns very useful. However the shotguns on the Theta Squad vs. Wookie map are a different story all together...

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I would love to see a rearrangement of CPs and/or additional CPS on some of the standard maps.
That would revitalize them in a big way. :)

I felt that the map Naboo: Theed had a strange layout. The depiction of Theed, I felt, was underwhelming as the city seemed to be rather small and confined. Furthermore, the player cannot enter any of the buildings, denying one a higher level of strategic gameplay and further adding to the sense of "claustrophobia".

In general, I felt that underground tunnels were underused in all maps containing them and lacked depth, in a strategic sense(although the Hoth map suffered from this less as it was possible to access more locations through the network of tunnels).
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

Quote from: "Ryanoceros"I would love to see a rearrangement of CPs and/or additional CPS on some of the standard maps.
That would revitalize them in a big way. :)

That wouldn't be that hard to do. It wouldn't take a modder long I think?

Quote from: "Satellite"I felt that the map Naboo: Theed had a strange layout. The depiction of Theed, I felt, was underwhelming as the city seemed to be rather small and confined. Furthermore, the player cannot enter any of the buildings, denying one a higher level of strategic gameplay and further adding to the sense of "claustrophobia".

In general, I felt that underground tunnels were underused in all maps containing them and lacked depth, in a strategic sense(although the Hoth map suffered from this less as it was possible to access more locations through the network of tunnels).

I agree with the tunnel statement, I didn't notice about theed (/goes to watch Phantom Menace again)
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

I could add the new CPs pretty fast, it's not that hard

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Quote from: "Ryanoceros"That would be great. :)

I don't think that's possible, as there is no way to communicate to the client what version is being used unless it is a completely different map as far as the game is concerned

Knowing the nature of the web, I'm sure someone will come up with that mod sometime.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "El Chupacabra"Knowing the nature of the web, I'm sure someone will come up with that mod sometime.

That wouldn't be a mod. It would be an altercation of the game script itself, I think.

Quote from: "Mac"
Quote from: "El Chupacabra"Knowing the nature of the web, I'm sure someone will come up with that mod sometime.

That wouldn't be a mod. It would be an altercation of the game script itself, I think.

Mac is correct. AFAIK, not even the lua scripts have access to the server-client connection. That honor is reserved for the game EXE

well i got some problems whit napseekers maps (of corussant city and jedi temple) whit corrusant its ki-a-di-mundi hes BLACK :-S and whit the jedi temple its the screen its blinking black and normal (these are only the mod maps :S)

AND this was hard to say for me because i love napseeker :-(

ow and jabba's plaece is hugh lagg and in some way i keep falling in something (only oniline) and then i die
:S
and this has a glich 2 in the wall by the CP

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: "Master Verik"well i got some problems whit napseekers maps (of corussant city and jedi temple) whit corrusant its ki-a-di-mundi hes BLACK :-S and whit the jedi temple its the screen its blinking black and normal (these are only the mod maps :S)

AND this was hard to say for me because i love napseeker :-(

ow and jabba's plaece is hugh lagg and in some way i keep falling in something (only oniline) and then i die
:S
and this has a glich 2 in the wall by the CP

You make no sense with the Coruscant problems. He's black?

By the way, this was faults in standard maps, not mod maps.

I haven't run into a glitch also. Be more specific about "in the wall near the CP." There are 5 CPs in the map, so it could be any one.