Help with (widescreen?) resolution support

Started by Shaking_Sniper, May 29, 2017, 12:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it so rare for people to have original cds? And I take it you havent tried it on 1.3 beta patch then?
There may be easier way than memory hack which would work on all versions/OSs but fine, Ill move along then. I guess discussing it is not allowed here.

Quote from: xMichael on June 03, 2017, 05:07:34 PM
Is it so rare for people to have original cds? And I take it you havent tried it on 1.3 beta patch then?
There may be easier way than memory hack which would work on all versions/OSs but fine, Ill move along then. I guess discussing it is not allowed here.

Yes, it is rare for players to have the original CDs these days.  There is no point for me to look into 1.3 beta, as I no longer have the CD's, just DVD releases. 

Discuss what you want, but back up your claims with actual evidence and not incorrect websites and misinterpreted information.  I've been playing and hosting this game since 2005.  I know what doesn't work, but would be eager to find something new that does work.

In other words, you can try the 1.3 beta and tell us if it supports a resolution command.  A video would be great.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Well my brain was still developing in 2005...
Thank you both for trying to help me, I might figure out a way someday.
Generic Sig goes here

You cannot claim it is incorrect information if you have not tried it then. That website is pretty reputable and it has helped me on other games as well as PC gaming wiki, what reason would they have to lie about it? And its up since 2004.

Quote from: xMichael on June 04, 2017, 09:29:41 AM
You cannot claim it is incorrect information if you have not tried it then. That website is pretty reputable and it has helped me on other games as well as PC gaming wiki, what reason would they have to lie about it? And its up since 2004.

Wow, you are really pushing this...Like I said, there is no resolution switch in SWBF1 for the players exe.  Period.  I have looked into the exe.  The tweakguides talks about the resolution switch for the server exe only.  Tweakguides was OK for SWBF in 2004, but if you look on this website, you will learn more about SWBF than is on tweakguides due to the hard work of players and modders of SWBF that have continued through the years.

Do you use 1.3 beta?  You try it. 

Now, you go try and learn something.

Locked.

June 05, 2017, 04:57:09 PM #20 Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:26:14 PM by Led
Here is a video that shows there is no /resolution command in 1.3 beta for SWBF (2004).   ;)