Xbox

Started by Led, August 11, 2019, 06:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, if I were to get an xbox these days, what should I get? 

Anything I need to watch out for?

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Make sure you get one in good condition, even if means paying more.

I got an original Xbox from a thrift store for $15 dollars and the DVD tray doesn't open, forcing me to open it by pushing a screw driver into the little hole to make open it manually.

If you get one that's in poor condition, the DVD tray might not open, because the rubber bands that make parts move get worn out, it's a common issue.

If you mod your Xbox, you can go beyond 8GB hard drives, have access to tons of homebrew, and play Teancum's BF2 mods.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

ah, I was thinking of something current...xbox one S maybe?  are they pretty much all the same?

Someone correct me, but the S is a is a light, budget XBone, and the X is a powerhouse. I don't know specifics because I'm a PlayStation player  ;)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I have an Xbox One S, it's a fine little console imo. Pair it with Xbox Game Pass and you can have some fun times without spending too much.

It has some good four player splitscreen options as well (one of the key things I like about it) if that is your thing. Halo for some fun competition, Borderlands for some fun cooperation and obviously Minecraft for family friendly fun.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on August 11, 2019, 08:48:14 PM
Someone correct me, but the S is a is a light, budget XBone, and the X is a powerhouse. I don't know specifics because I'm a PlayStation player  ;)
More or less I think. The Xbox One S is the original Xbox One put into a smaller chassis, I think it might also have some extra video (video, not graphics) and display hardware for handling 4K and HDR. The Xbox One X is like the PS4 Pro, same fundamental architecture but with a higher clocked CPU and more GPU compute units. (Or some such like that.)

I thought we were discussing the original Xbox because of how the topic was named.

All I know about Xbox One is that if you buy the digital versions of BF1 and BF2, you get the DLC packs.
Jabba's Palace for BF1 and for BF2 you get Bespin, Rhen Var, more hero assault modes, and Fisto/Ventress.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

I've only got PS4 pro but from what I understand the s is the go to model now unless you want to spend a bit more for 4k graphics and 60fps then get the X, although even that you'll have to choose between frame rate or resolution in most games.

Whatever you get, make sure it's 1TB minimum storage, that's only 8-10 games installed now and I'm already deleting some from mine.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

So it looks like:
X
S
are available, in that order of price, but the S is the favored one?  All I can find is 1 TB units, I think it supports an external drive though.

S is the go to console unless you want a bit more performance then you want x. The 360 is last gen like the ps3 so that's out if you want to play new games.

All new games will run on the x and s so you won't miss out on any whichever way you go.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

There's a bunch of legacy/backwards compatible games available for the Xbox One because Microsoft realized they needed something on the Playstation, so that's something to consider.  There's lists of compatible games. :)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.