ICW4 Week 1

Started by Oven, July 13, 2014, 03:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Hades on July 25, 2014, 12:09:17 AM
No, if they merc. we wanna know who they are.
If they wanna hide their name it must be because of something.
So if their name is not any member list, they shall use the name they use here, or tell us who they are.
Who exactly would be "we"? And, well, people use fake names for a lot different reasons, don't really see why that should be forbidden for mercenaries. "Shall", almost sounds like you're in command, does it not? I don't think it matters, you can check IPs now, anyway.

Oven might be able to, but not the rest of the players.
And please, if u don't play the tourney I don't really see why u gotta post here... don't look for drama please. It's already decided for week 2... We wanna know who we're fighting.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Hades on July 26, 2014, 02:53:15 AM
And please, if u don't play the tourney I don't really see why u gotta post here... don't look for drama please. It's already decided for week 2... We wanna know who we're fighting.
Don't really see why that matters, and I'm not really trying to stir up "drama". This was just in discussion. Whether I play or not, is my business. 

Quote from: Hades on July 26, 2014, 02:53:15 AM
Whats wrong with somebody not in a clan posting here? What if somebody wants to merc, but not join any real clan? (Don't tell me that's illogical,  I know it is.)

Quote from: PatriotNorwood on July 25, 2014, 06:59:31 AM
Anyder is correct, mercenaries must use their name that was put on their clan list, and if they are not on a clan list, then they must use their normal names.

The problem with making people use their "normal" names, is that they may have many names that they use.  How do you classify one name as "normal"?  You may know a player by one name and consider it "normal", but someone else may know them by a different name. 

I will follow this rule, but I don't quite see the relevancy.  If a mercenary is trying to stir up trouble, they can be booted/banned like any other player, and their IP can be checked.  If a mercenary is following all of the rules, then the only real "problem" with them using an alternate name is that their opposing team won't know who they are....which may be what they prefer.