#soloplayersmatter movement

Started by Giftheck, March 26, 2016, 01:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, seeing as there is no thread for this on this board, I figured I would create one.

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7753/help-me-get-single-players-voices-heard-soloplayersmatter/p1

#soloplayersmatter is a hashtag movement created by joeybmx7 on the EA forums and has gained quite a bit of traction. It is exactly as it sounds: the group wants instant action in the game. That is to say, they want the online modes available to play offline.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I recall a statement that said they were "promising developments". That was a few months back though.

They're supposedly gonna change the minimum player limit in the private matches to two, which implies there might be AI. If so, that could mean Instant Action is coming soon.

EA/DICE has just announced new offline game modes! Also tons of other details such as Lando/Dengar as new heroes, new blaster, new star cards, etc...

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/39524/coming-soon-to-star-wars-battlefront-this-spring

Also it's confirmed that the season pass will add 8 new heroes, not 4.

Yeah, that was poor wording on the EA rep guy regarding the total number of heroes. Everybody thought it would be 4 max heroes/villains, not 4 heroes and 4 villains.

Regarding new single player options, Instant Action (offline MP, as it's been called in the #soloplayersmatter movement) is the most requested feature, so it surely has to have something to do with that. If it was more Survival/Battles missions they would have out-and-out just said it.

I'm actually looking forward to Bespin more than Outer Rim because it's an entirely new location.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

This should be a thing for more games these days. Is all they focus on is multiplayer and ignore those who have poor internet speed or unstable internet connection.

As for it being Star Wars Battlefront, I really hope that DICE add some form of instant action with AI. I haven't play Star Wars Battlefront in a month now due to DICE's poor attempt of a game.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Post from Corra_Ashu on Facepunch (he's the guy who converted a lot of SWBF3 models for use in those mods and remakes of SWBF3):

"Alright so i'm data mining the new patch/update/DLC for Battlefront and it seems that while we didn't get the offline content we was told we'd get in spring, it is in the files and from what i can tell it's going to be a full or half port over of the MP to SP.

I've found stuff in there for spawn menus,hero/weapon/vehicle pickups and character customization.

While i haven't got it all extracted just yet there are empty folders labeled Gamemodes but once i get everything extracted (again) it should all be there. "
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on June 21, 2016, 06:29:56 AM
Post from Corra_Ashu on Facepunch (he's the guy who converted a lot of SWBF3 models for use in those mods and remakes of SWBF3):

"Alright so i'm data mining the new patch/update/DLC for Battlefront and it seems that while we didn't get the offline content we was told we'd get in spring, it is in the files and from what i can tell it's going to be a full or half port over of the MP to SP.

I've found stuff in there for spawn menus,hero/weapon/vehicle pickups and character customization.

While i haven't got it all extracted just yet there are empty folders labeled Gamemodes but once i get everything extracted (again) it should all be there. "

This is great news! Is it me or have EA taken so much hate they're now getting back on track to how good they used to be? First they announce that they've added Story Mode to FIFA 17 (like the first change in about 16 years to FIFA), THEN they turn down an opportunity to buy Rocket League and NOW they've begun working on a Single Player mode for Star Wars Battlefront.

I can't wait for the Single Player options! This should open up some opportunities for modding to take place too!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123