Mandalorian Wars Mod

Started by Breakdown, January 25, 2009, 03:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 25, 2009, 03:27:09 PM Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:44:57 PM by Buckler
I'm back...

Also, I am here to announce a new mod currently in progress: The Mandalorian Wars Mod

The mod includes:
- All new factions: old Republic and Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders
- New Weapons
- Dxun Moon Map (later on)
- Other stuff

Thanks to Caleb1117 and Gogie for the Neo-Crusader though I am a tad suspicious the texture is ported.. I will be attempting to make my own Old Republic skins, since almost all the assets for them look ported, and I try to avoid using illegaly ported stuff like that. (NOTE: If someone could find me Mandalorians/Old Republic Troopers that don't look ported, please inform)

And here are some progress shots of the first three Mandalorian units:

Mandalorian Soldier

Carbine
Pistol
Thermal Nades
(high speed, low health)

Mandalorian Demolitions

Rocket Launcher (With yellow markings/neo crusader emblem)
Repeater Rifle (to replace pistol shown in pic)
Mines
Det Packs (can't seem to get this one right, anybody have assets for a working one for SWBF1??)
(slow speed, high health)

Mandalorian Medic

Healing Rifle
Blast Cannon
Thermal Nades
(Recharging Health, medium speed)

Mandalorian Engineer

Screenshots Coming Soon

Mandalorian Melee

Screenshots Coming Soon

All the layouts are finished, however I would like to present you with screenshots before I announce the layout.

One of my main objectives for this mod/map is balance, my units are TF2 inspired, which is a very well balanced game.

The map Dxun Moon will be made after the units completion and tweaking and full testing, Dxun is a jungle moon of onderon and a primary battlefield in the Mandalorian Wars.

More announcements coming soon!

-Breakdown

OMG! It looks amazing! Can't wait!

P.S. Can you make a skin of that?

QuoteOMG! It looks amazing! Can't wait!

:P

QuoteP.S. Can you make a skin of that?

Of what?

A skin of the guys that you posted screenies of for the Empire. That would be awesome!

QuoteA skin of the guys that you posted screenies of for the Empire. That would be awesome!

A) Those are Mandalorians not Empire

B) You do know that a skin is basically the texture on the model?? I will only make a skin over top the existing one if I get word that the whole thing is ported.

Quote from: "breakdown"
QuoteA skin of the guys that you posted screenies of for the Empire. That would be awesome!

A) Those are Mandalorians not Empire

B) You do know that a skin is basically the texture on the model?? I will only make a skin over top the existing one if I get word that the whole thing is ported.

Okay, that's acceptable terms.

Added a picture of the Demolitions rocket launcher...AKA, my sad reskin :P

Nice BD! Can't wait to try it.

Quote from: "breakdown"Added a picture of the Demolitions rocket launcher...AKA, my sad reskin :)

I didn't reskin the whole unit, just the rocket launcher, the problem with that knee is probably something to do with the model, so I can't fix that (since it isn't my model(s))

Updates:

- Low Res geometry somewhat fixed (before they just turned invisble in low res but now they just look like theta squad did in Low Res, though thankfully it isn't as frequent)

- Still need to figure out how to make a detpack..

- Mandalorian Medic is completed

- Soldier needs a bit more tweaking and then it's done

- Demolitions still needs the detpack, and a bit of tweaking health wise and on the repeater

- Work on engineer has began

- 4 day weekend for me (thursday and Friday off) so I'll ave plenty of time to work on this over the weekend, I expect the custom sides to be finished sometime Saturday. (Doesn't mean the whole thing is finished, I still need to make the map)

Wow, this is like the first mod I can't wait to play.

#TYBG

Welcome back, BD. I see you wanted to come back with a bang.  :)

Even though I'm no modder, I think you might be able to make a detonator pack with the help of the recon assets since it uses a remote control to detonate.

Some early pics of the Old Republic Soldier....skin compliments of RepSharpshooter (I might make my own skin later on though, but for beta stages I'll use his)

*jaw drops downward*

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G