Changes to SWBF Standard Maps

Started by Breakdown, June 07, 2009, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
First things first, I know this was posted before, but HC said I could do this..

What are some changes you would like seen to SWBF standard maps??

I'd most likely want to hear changes relating to improving gameplay and overall fun factor, this could include moving objects around on certain maps and even deleting objects or adding CP's etc.

This will help a lot, thanks

Personally I think that a smaller map would be best. Less vehicles and more places where 1 v 1 combat is easier. Not like an open plane and such. Also I think most people dont play maps like yavin because they are used to everyon playing the other maps and are unused to change. Plus I think that taking out alot of the trees and stuff at Endor would decrease the lag. In my opinion Endor is the best standard map out there its just way to laggy. Hope this helps with suggestions!

smaller maps... some special effect, such as the 2 tree's who destroy the At-St in Endor
Maybe a great hall fight
New Cp objects (like your box in Shearh and Destroy)
Open map whit 4 towers for sniping could be cool
and about gameplay (if its possible make the hard running again like in SWBF 2)

BTW could be cool to make maps for diverend units

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Well...
 . Dune sea should actually make geological sense rather than having everything right next to each other.
. Bespin Platforms could perhaps do with a random capital ship in dock?
. Mos eisley could even have walkways, more local populace rather than just jawas.
. Hoth needs too make geological sense, with more AT-Ats.
. Geonosis (similarly as Hoth), what about GCW Geanosis?
. Generally  a shuffle with vehicles most maps could do with a speeder bike (just for laughs).
. Turret placement re-shuffle.

Urr.... there's surely more, but that's my list !   :D

Quotesmaller maps... some special effect, such as the 2 tree's who destroy the At-St in Endor
Maybe a great hall fight
New Cp objects (like your box in Shearh and Destroy)
Open map whit 4 towers for sniping could be cool
and about gameplay (if its possible make the hard running again like in SWBF 2)

BTW could be cool to make maps for diverend units

First off, That tree special effect is already in Endor- rewatch it and follow the bots when they drive the At-St's, they run into the traps.
More Map related CP's would be a great idea IMO just as a small touch
not such a great idea as there are few maps like this- however something like this on Naboo fields might not be bad however it would not be literal to the movie.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

*Naboo Plains could use more sniper spots (make it so that you can climb the heads), nerf the vehicles.
*Theed could use more corridors, make it easier to get from point A to B.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Citadel should be redone.  it needs to be smaller, and simpler.

I think Citadel is fine the way it is. The complexity and numerous amount of routes one can take is what makes it one of my favorite maps.

I remember back when I still had Battlefront though (I'm getting it ordered asap btw) I always lagged on citadel, and alot of other people did too, I have to say that if it wasn't for the lag Citadel would be my favorite map but with it it's unbearable, a non-laggy simpler version should be made.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I have to agree with Deka on that one. Citadel was too laggy and too complex of a map.

#TYBG

Well i played SWBF tonight in SP for a while something i've not done in a long time, and i noticed that things can be done very well, comparing things from Napseekers Mods, to plans i've already come up with, even to things in SWBF i hadn't noticed before, such as the background in Naboo Fields is actually animated, i turned my settings all the way up as far as it goes and got computer lag only on a few maps, being Naboo Theed mainly, i'm going to keep going with the test until i get them all done but i am thinking that mostly the lag on these maps is more parted from how hard the level is to load for the host, if the host doesn't have the speed to run a map well such as theed it will lag more, becuase today i got about half the lag i got while playing on Bucklers server, and yet in bucklers server i have no lag for the main stay of maps.

in Any case, with some well thought out redesign of maps for SWBF of the lesser played/not played for lag reasons maps i think we could have some nice games- I personally am starting a design for Theed as BD has asked me to, and i plan to make it the best designed map in SWBF thus far, it will however been smaller then most, little bigger then Jabba. But otherwise it should be an amazing map if all goes to plan.

Quote from: "Master Zen"I think Citadel is fine the way it is. The complexity and numerous amount of routes one can take is what makes it one of my favorite maps.

What I meant is that the map should just be smaller.  "Simpler" was the wrong word.  Your right, the multiple routes is something Citadel is great for, but I think the map should be smaller, simply so there isn't multiple fights going on on different parts of the map, meaning some parts of the map are a little isolated from others.

Anyways, Hardcore's plan for Theed is sounding really, really good  :D  Hope it can be done.

For proof of the traps on Endor- see the attachment below

There are more things i notice everyday about Star Wars- such as if you choose Kamino in the map screen and watch the preview video- you will see that it originally had Clone transports and Jedi Starfighters, i'd also take it to have the bounty hunters ship along with its AA turrets.

ive been killed from that trap on endor so many times before. theres a lot of stuff like what you said on kamino

Newest one!

I'd like to have Cloud City's hallways to be throughout the whole map. We almost always play on the left side of the map, so why not just mirror that to the other side?

#TYBG