BF Main Play Mod Final

Started by ggctuk, April 16, 2009, 01:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
GT topic: http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... =1&t=17098

So, I'm working on the absolute final version before I betray you all and start looking to buy Battlefront II. But before I do... any thoughts on what I should incorporate in this final version?

New features:

-Swapped weapons for the Heavy Troopers and Pilots - now the Clone Pilot will use the Commando Pistol before the ARC Caster.
-Separating the "Prototype" Stormtroopers, adding the Imperial 501st seen at the beginning of TFU to Kashyyyk only.
-Various other minute changes

After the final version:

-Complete assets release. You get EVERYTHING inside my sides folders. You CAN NOT, however, use them to continue the mod as I will be using them in the BF2 Main Play Mod.

Anything else to add?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Hmm I couldn't find much fault really,
how about Missiles for the tie fighter, just to balance the GCW air-fights?

I went for continuity over sheer balance with the fighters, hence why the TIEs are faster than X-Wings, and take more of the X-Wing's fire than the X-Wing can the TIE's fire.

I think perhaps lowering the transport health might do as well. In BF2 it's understandable to have tons of health for transports, but in BF1 it makes fighting them tedious and dragged out.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Actually I did notice that trying to take down a droid gun-ship with a star-fighter I had to follow it for such a long time.
And the Jedi star fighter is over-powered for strafing-runs. (Although the bots never do this anyway)

Yeah, I accidentally left in the "Explosion" lines, I will take them out.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Oh, here's the "beta" jet Trooper appearing in the mod:

And did you notice you could walk the AT-RT into Yavin IV Arena via the side entrances?

In Progress:

On Hold:

Yeh I was going to tell you that, but I thought I might get told off...

It didn't seem to glitch out, and besides, only the players could ride it in there, the AI doesn't do that, it seems.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I Noticed that AI uses the AT-RT as if it were infantry, they attempt to 'walk' through low doors and such.

I wouldn't know why - I copied and modified the AT-ST ODF file.

Just finishing the touches to the sides now, I have given the CIS more variation as well. I've also given the Dark Trooper a white skin and also given the snow Incinerator a new skin too (kinda reminds me of the Galactic Marines, but it wasn't intended that way at first. Then I stuck with it)
In Progress:

On Hold:

The final is uploading now. 313 MB I tell ya!

I got some screens to share with you while we wait:

EDIT: It's here: Temp link: http://files.filefront.com/Main+Play+Mo ... einfo.html
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hey you finally fixed the Dark Trooper !
And look an Imperial Engineer.... :panic:  Wooo, yeah great stuff !
Thanks, most moders don't put as much effort into the Empire, it brings tears to my eyes.

Imperial Engineer's not available on all planets, mind. And that Galactic-Marine looking (sort-of) unit is the Incinerator's snow gear... he was going to be red but I left in the blue by mistake, tweaked it a bit and hey-presto. The black Clone Sniper is from the beta screnshots of Battlefront.

I'm uploading it to OPS also so we can have it on SWBF Files. Then I'll release the assets sometime tomorrow.
In Progress:

On Hold: