How to eject from star fighters in mid flight

Started by AnthonyBF2, April 07, 2014, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my most favorite part of swbf1 and would like to make it possible in swbf2 to exit ships while flying.

I cannot find anything that might even come close to making it work. I assume it's something hard coded and may not exist in the asset scripts included with bf2 mod tools or bf builder.

Any tips what so ever will be so great.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

I'm not sure if this is possible with modding. I do know that the only way to walk around in space is to park a fighter in the middle of the hangar shield, so half of your ship is in space and the other half still in the ship.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

A landing region is what controls if or not you can land your ship, not if you can exit your ship

Hoth has no landing regions, that's why you can land anywhere

my goal is to be able to jump from a moving ship in space or on hoth with or without a landing region

Idea: It's probably hardcoded into the entity flyer class just like all the other flyer rules and physics.

Possible solutions: Find pointer that controls that variable for toggling the Able-To-Eject and fix it to on with a cheat engine/trainer/memory hack.

Or if it isn't hardcoded, find the script that defines entity flyer and modify that variable to suit your needs. -- I seriously doubt it is defined in a script, or else a LOT more could be done with SWBFII engine.

I have absolutely no skill with cheat engine and memory editing