Any Halo fans here?

Started by StarWarsHQ, February 09, 2014, 05:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I am looking forward to Halo 5!  I cannot wait to see what they reveal with this game.  I have played every single Halo game as I grew up on them and at times, the universe can remind me a bit of SWBF.

Anyone else consider themselves a Halo fan out here?
Co-Founder of Star Wars HQ:
http://www.starwarshq.com

I'm actually a fan of Halo's storyline, though I don't have a 360 to play the Halo games. Recently got Custom Edition though from a friend actually, really love the coldsnap map on there, Blood Gulch is too overused in my opinion. :P

Yea im a BIG Halo fan, I have every halo except Halo Wars because strategy games are retarded to be honest, I also watch RvB if that has anything to do with it
Quote from: Gold Man on February 09, 2014, 07:22:13 AM
Blood Gulch is too overused in my opinion. :P
You just say that because of RvB
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Played Halo a little bit.
Quote from: Gold Man on February 09, 2014, 07:22:13 AM
Blood Gulch is too overused in my opinion. :P
I love Blood Gulch.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I only got a 360 a couple years ago, so my first experience playing online was with Halo: Reach. Thought 4 was a pretty good game with a great singleplayer and an OK multiplayer. I think 5 will probably be much better, and if I get an Xbox one it'll probably be the reason I get it. I think I may have to skip out and just get a PS4 though, I think it's a better value.

Also, I'll just say that I loved Halo: Wars. At first I thought a Halo RTS was a bit weird on the consoles, but it turned out to be a pretty good strategy game. I should boot it up again sometime.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on February 09, 2014, 07:45:25 AM
You just say that because of RvB

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 09, 2014, 08:32:52 AM
I love Blood Gulch.

I actually don't really. The gameplay I find on that map is a bit too wide open for my taste. No matter where you are on the map, there's always a sniper to take you out, a ghost to mow you down, or a banshee to destroy your warthog. It's seemingly impossible to win in CTF on that thing.

Coldsnap however very large and open, provides just enough cover to actually take someone out without being seen. Plus, because of the maps size and few players, you could easily drive a warthog into the base, take the flag, and drive back without being detected. :P

I myself am looking forward to Halo 5 though. Wonder how Chief is going to be without his regular AI counterpart. :)

Yeah, I don't know if I am in the minority but saying this, but I really enjoyed Halo 4.  I know a lot of Halo fans didn't care for its multiplayer, but I really enjoy modes like CTF and domination in that game.  I just think it is a great game.  The art style is gorgeous btw.

I actually prefer Exile as one of my favorite maps.  It is open but there are trenches you can hide in, and if you end up on the ground as infantry, there is still a lot of opportunity to compete in the game.  I just think the map is made so, so well (as are a lot of Halo 4's maps).

But yes, I got the Xbox One for Halo 5 and Titanfall.  Titanfall beta is coming in a few days as I am hearing!  So, yes...I am extremely excited over here.

Im right there with you. I enjoyed halo 4 too.

We really like canyons................ blood gulch, valhalla, exile.....

I have every single expansion for Halo 4.  I never usually buy all of the map packs but this time it was worth it.  I also like the controls in these games.  I think they are superb.

Also, the game has a more arcadey, fun feel to it than most games.  I really think DICE should do some studying of what Halo has done to be honest...