The History of Star Wars Battlefront!

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, December 28, 2013, 01:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I want to learn more about the History of star wars battlefront. I would like to learn about how the players of star wars battlefront evolve over times. How the clans were formed and the History of the Clans. I would also like to learn about the way then game change.

I would also like to know about how Mods change and they helped the game. Also if I would like to learn about the Tournaments of star wars battlefront, like you won, who were the best.

Last I would like to know tips and stuff that would help the players in game.

Anything and all will help!
Please post if you have anything to contribute!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

December 28, 2013, 02:44:47 PM #1 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:42:51 PM by 411Remnant
originally it was a mod for battlefield 1945(one of them anway) I think. Beleive it or not, a few of the modders would be hired to help make battlefront 1.

Edit: Actually this was mis-information. I had seen this video regarding histroy on the game and it wasn't exactly resaerched very well. At least now that I re-checked it and it doesnt give any reliable sources. For that I apoligize for posting this lol.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on December 28, 2013, 02:44:47 PM
originally it was a mod for battlefield 1945(one of them anway) I think. Beleive it or not, a few of the modders would be hired to help make battlefront 1.
What? I've never heard that before. Here's a link to an interview with the guy that came up with the idea for SWBF http://gamesauce.org/news/2013/04/10/dc-universe-onlines-jens-andersen-on-working-with-big-ips-staying-connected-and-doing-what-you-love/?goback=.gde_62163_member_231234393.

Your in luck and because its the holidays I've resurfaced from retirement!

I am Red Leader... him of the {TL20} The Lost Twenty fame.

I got into Star Wars BattleFront fairly late on, perhaps about 2006/7. It was originally on the PS2 when I first started playing but I hated playing on consoles. I don't know what it was but I loved the game. Perhaps a few months afterwards I ended up with a broken foot, some time off work and ordered my first broadband connection.

I played BattleFront for a good while on the multiplayer and saw all these clans (no idea what they were at the time) and looked around for the one that interested me. To cut a long story short I was recruited into {JMS} by Najac and met other members such as Ric, Dark, Smallz, Soggy and a few others in the clan.

Turned out that the leader of {JMS} was MIA and the clan was lasting but for the good will of the members that were in it. Seeing the writing on the wall and talking over the options, Najac and myself decided to form {TL20} as a better organized and smaller clan limited to 20 people...more or less. Based on the missing number of Jedi in Star Wars...google it... Our forums (not the original ones unfortunately) are still up and running.

The clan lasted a good 2 years but it did have its ups and downs. Many a good laugh and precious moment was had. Something good in gaming that you don't get anymore. Gradually the members either left or went quiet. I myself left to enjoy life a little and relax. COD4 was also launched near that time and a good deal of people headed in that direction.

When I started playing BattleFront there were a good number of solid and established clans out there. They changed here and there...members moved from one clan to the next. It was different times and a close knit small community that most people were happy to help in order to keep it healthy.

I am though quite looking forward to more Star Wars BattleFront games but have my fingers crossed that EA/DICE don't balls it up!

I was watching this guy's video on the history of battlefront. looks like he gave mis-information then.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Maybe this is the kind of thing that Lead could tell us about...

Lead makes a reply with the BF history in it

Off Topic: Anyone watch the new RotS tonight
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

December 28, 2013, 04:33:26 PM #6 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:37:08 PM by FieroBull
Yeah, the history of SWBF1 is our history, we are getting this game better everyday, we have online even Gamespy have turned off the servers, we are the real history, we are SWBF1, and this is amazing becouse we are helping us everyday. This is the real history of this magnific game.

<3 SWBF1
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

Hi Red Leader, glad you found our site!

As far as history goes, read through our forum posts and you can learn all kinds of history  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Got any links cause now im actually curious about BF's history
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Hey Trooper X! I'm from the 2007-2009 era, specifically on the Mac. I'll give a brief history of what I remember at the least. A lot of archives were destroyed in the forum changes.

Back when the Mac community was actually active, it was all done on gameranger since gamespy wasn't in the Mac version of SWBF. There was no dedicated servers for gameranger so it was actually difficult to get games going unless someone had a really good internet connection.

The most popular games hosted was: cc no bots no cps. Some people didn't like it but it was the most popular for a reason. The stupid bots weren't on the map and cloud city was a great map even at small player counts. We all adhered to the rule of no capturing command posts. Instead of running around the map capturing them, we just focused on the deathmatch. In my opinion, it was far more fun than going on a bot hunt and running around re-capturing the same command posts. At night when a lot of players on, we would play a lot of custom maps. Maps ported from BF2 were the most popular. There were a whole lot of other maps we also played but I honestly can't remember any of their names. It's been that long since I have played. I still have a few of the Mac guys on steam so I'll probably ask them what were the maps we played.

So why didn't I transition to the PC community? Mainly because Led's cloud city server had people running around the map capturing CPs rather than people killing each other. It simply wasn't as fun to me.

About the forums:

This forum during my time used to be macxgamers, a website that attempted to be a website for mac gamers. A majority of the players were SWBF1 players since that's what the forum was before it was macxgamers. That website soon became mpcgamers, an attempt to have both mac and PC players. Then from there the community split into two. One was creativematrix.net, a website for artists. The other was swbfgamers, this website.

Creativematrix was shut down around 2 weeks ago due to inactivity. The community was all ex-swbf players. The activity on CM grew less and less over the course of 2 years simply because we've all moved on to different games and different activities. I largely moved on to competitive Street Fighter. w0rm is mostly a Starcraft player. Khyler transitioned to competitive Call of Duty but then altogether stopped playing games.

Notice how you don't recognize those names? Needless to say, the SWBF community has seen a complete change in members a few times. There's the occasional person that has stayed through the eras such as Led himself. The rest of us moved on to different games, including myself. Why would we move on to different games?To be frank, SWBF is a terribly old game that hasn't quite aged well. That's the only way I could put it.

I recently came out of inactivity to troll the massive amount of new players that sprung up in the 2010s. How SWBF got new members is beyond my comprehension. I can only give credit to Led for keeping this community together for so many years.

Add me on steam if you're curious. I can round up some of the OGs and we can all be nostalgic in one chat room. :P

#TYBG

December 28, 2013, 07:49:24 PM #10 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:56:24 PM by SleepKiller
QuoteI recently came out of inactivity to troll the massive amount of new players that sprung up in the 2010s.
Troll you say? Very well.
QuoteAdd me on steam if you're curious. I can round up some of the OGs and we can all be nostalgic in one chat room. :P
I would hardly call someone from 2007 an OG. The only person from 2004 that I know of that is still around is SirPimped.

I'm far from an OG, but I do have people from 05-07 on steam and otherwise.

However considering how it's almost 2014, I'd say 2007 is still old :P

#TYBG

Yeah it is. I only really got into the community in 2012. I enjoyed the people and modding more than I enjoyed the actual gameplay though.

Also.
Quote?To be frank, SWBF is a terribly old game that hasn't quite aged well. That's the only way I could put it.
The combat in SWBF actually has more depth to it than most MMS games do. It doesn't use hitscan weapons, has good dodging mechanics and a good variety of weapons. It's certainly better than COD and BF when it comes to combat. (Combat is only part of a game though, the team play in BF is a lot better than in SWBF. And COD is just stupid great fun in split-screen.) Just my opinion on it at least. The gameplay in it's entirety is old and dated, but some aspects still stand strong.

Yes, the dodging mechanics were the strongest part of the game. Mastering the movement and space control was a big part of what made SWBF still fun to play game after game.

#TYBG

Nice aeria,  :cheer:
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!