Possible sound munge error

Started by Giftheck, September 01, 2014, 01:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
When I munge sounds, I get the following error when executing the batch file:

"munging bfecw.asfx
The system cannot find the file specified"

However, the LVL file is still created, all SFX appear to be present when I import the LVL file into Audacity and no errors are given in the mungelog. Any idea what's going on here?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

You might want to check the file path, or move the file into a place that the munger can find it (or expects it).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

This may be a silly question, but are you munging in 64-bit?  Sound munging does crazy stuff (other than not working at all) in 64-bit.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on September 09, 2014, 08:08:10 PM
This may be a silly question, but are you munging in 64-bit?  Sound munging does crazy stuff (other than not working at all) in 64-bit.
i haven't seen any batch files that support 64bit sound munging.
when i munge on 32bit pc, there is almost always an error about the ASFX file, but it usually doesn't matter. As long as the sound LVL is more than 1kb it should have munged, and if it works in game then it's fine. if you're not hearing sounds and it won't munge post the ASFX source here. Sometimes it just won't munge for no reason, and if I make a new sound builder and copy all the source files over that usually fixes it.

Well, I've tested it all out and it seems okay. My only thought on it could be that the munger is reading a line break as a file name somehow.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1