Question about a certain map...

Started by Gold Man, January 24, 2013, 05:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 24, 2013, 05:10:56 AM Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:23:14 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Hey guys, I recently downloaded this map called Abel's Shipment (I saw it was based off of a map in CoD4), but when I open it, all I get is a Data folder, and an addme script. Do I add the Data folder into the AddOn folder, or do I make a new folder and place Data and the addme.script into the file? Please help!

EDIT: I just tried both methods, and none of them work! :(

1. make sure you do NOT have a modded mission.lvl ( that sometimes makes maps not show up on the list )
2. make sure you have the latest version of the map
3. link the maps so that we can help more

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 06:41:44 AM
1. make sure you do NOT have a modded mission.lvl ( that sometimes makes maps not show up on the list )
2. make sure you have the latest version of the map
3. link the maps so that we can help more

Answers:

1. I have no custom mission.lvl inserted for stock maps, I have about 5-10 maps with custom mission.lvl's in my AddOn, but they shouldn't affect the other maps.
2. There's only 1 version of the map.
3. Here's the link: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=237

Go to addon, make a new folder called 'cod1' and copy both files into it. It will work then I did it with a different map before and just double checked with this one. :) Also make sure you extract the files before you copy them into the new folder (if you're using rar extract frog that should happen when you open it the first time).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

January 24, 2013, 09:10:57 AM #4 Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:38:53 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 24, 2013, 08:46:43 AM
Go to addon, make a new folder called 'cod1' and copy both files into it. It will work then I did it with a different map before and just double checked with this one. :) Also make sure you extract the files before you copy them into the new folder (if you're using rar extract frog that should happen when you open it the first time).

I actually went to a file converter site and converted it to zip. But ok, I will try that.

EDIT: It works! Thanks gdh! :D Although the map isn't what I thought it would be, it's actually something from a team deathmatch map of CoD4. This map would be amazing if Snake's Earth:Desert Town sides were on this map. Definitely would be fun to play for Multiplayer.

Quick question: what's the limit for modmaps in your AddOn? I always have 25 in there, but I don't know what the max limit is.

January 24, 2013, 09:41:08 AM #5 Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:42:44 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 06:41:44 AM
Thats a new one i havent heard.

i always use a modded mission.lvl and have never had a problem of maps not showing on the missionselect list

Quote from: Phobos on January 24, 2013, 09:41:08 AM

i always use a modded mission.lvl and have never had a problem of maps not showing on the missionselect list
Same here.

I know the problem has been solved, but I want to post my solution just to make it more clear.

Data folder and the Addme.script are the whole map, BUT, battlefront engine looks for it in Addon/mapshortname/
Which means if you put the Addme.script and Data folder in /Addon/ folder, the engine will COMPLETELY overlook them, rendering them useless,   But you can create a folder, name it anything (preferable under 5 letters) and put them inside it, and that should make the map re-appear in the map list.

You can pretty much rename any of the addon/mapshortname/  to anything you like, as long as it aint too long.  I've had your problem quite a few times with bad file extractors, but this has always worked for me.

Quote from: Phobos on January 24, 2013, 09:41:08 AM

Some of Sereja's maps for example don't show up for people. They never showed up for me if I had a custom mission.lvl. But if I had the stock one I had no problems with his maps. That's why I said that.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 03:41:48 PM
Some of Sereja's maps for example don't show up for people. They never showed up for me if I had a custom mission.lvl. But if I had the stock one I had no problems with his maps. That's why I said that.
Which maps in particular? I would like to test this claim using my own modded mission to see what happens.

My mission.lvl is over 300kB btw. 8)

Quote from: Phobos on January 24, 2013, 03:54:40 PM
Which maps in particular? I would like to test this claim using my own modded mission to see what happens.
Well if I remember correctly I was using SK's SWBF Unleashed Mod and I think I had either Sereja's Tantive IV or his Polis Massa conversion in my addon map but they wouldn't show up ingame. But I was running my Mac SWBF copy at the time...

Well, I tried gdh's solution, and it worked. To show, here's some screenies I took:

[spoiler]
This is from the top down view of Abel's COD4: Shipment map.

This is a screenie I took with the map. NOTE: I took the Earth: Desert Town sides from Snake's map, and put them in place of stock so that this would work.

And a screenie of one of the classes from the side (it was a terrorist solder, I believe)
[/spoiler]

As you can see, I took the sides from Snake's Earth: Desert Town map and put them in here, just as a side mod really, since this map came with stock sides.

Quick question: What's the max limit for number of modmaps in your AddOn? I always keep mine at 25.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 03:41:48 PM
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 05:18:58 PMSereja's Tantive IV or his Polis Massa conversion in my addon map but they wouldn't show up ingame. But I was running my Mac SWBF copy at the time...
Oh, yes, SleepKiller, call this effect an "allergy", when he try my Nar Shaddaa map :D. So, the mistery of this weird effect, become more clear.
To play my maps, your mission.lvl, should be stock!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: