How can I disable recons?

Started by Shap, June 03, 2011, 02:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I had some recon problems on my server. I tried to fix it alone but I didn't work (game crashed or nothing happened) so I ask here

How can I disable recons?

Thanks,

- Shap

If you can make your players download a mod map or custom sides, then it is a matter of editing the ODF file for the sniper.

It is possible to disable recons without a download though.  Battlebelk has done this in the 1.0 server mod that he made, and I think that ModTester has done this too.   I don't know specifically what was done, but you can look at BB's file or contact ModTester.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Three months ago, an UEF modded server was online : when you were trying to use the recon, your second-weapon selection was automaticly redirecter to grenades.
I dont know how they made this mod, but i didnt have to download anything

Yea, I saw that once too, that's why I ask here.

sure you can delete recons, if you make a custom map... kay I will see what Mod Tester says about it.

a bit late, but well

go into the side folder of your server tool, open the side, where you want to disable the recon, with a hex edit.
then search for (f.e. for rebels):

/all_weap_inf_remotedroid

You'll get to a point where a bit above thermaldetonator, pistol and sniperrifle stands (all weapons of the sniper). go to the

PROP......S|á/all_weap_inf_remotedroid

and go into the hex lines (with the numbers). now you just type 0 until there are only points and
PROP......S|á/all_weap_inf_remotedroid is overwrited.
you have to do this some more times just keep searching /all_weap_inf_remotedroid (or just press f3)

Interesting method deagle. I will have to test it sometime. The way I did was much simpler. I'd like to write a tutorial on it soon for all you guys.

Quote from: Zombie Hotel Developer on June 17, 2011, 02:50:27 PM
Interesting method deagle. I will have to test it sometime. The way I did was much simpler. I'd like to write a tutorial on it soon for all you guys.

So, there more ways to do it? Interesting...I'am curious