Changes to SWBF Standard Maps

Started by Breakdown, June 07, 2009, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nifty tid bit here if your ever playing Yavin arena is, you can walk a Droideka up the side of the Timple on the ramp, this is the ONLY unit that can walk up the side of it that i can find. however do not try to get on the flat ledge, i tried everything lol.
Alas ofcorse a Jet trooper (clone) can get all the way to the top of the building

Some other nice facts, Hoth pregame video shows the Rebel Vanguard carriing a Rocket Launcher i take to be the one the Wookies use, in any case, its not he standard.

And in the Yavin Temple pregame vid, the CP shown in the last clip is Blue, ofcorse showing off how much changed in the last weeks of development.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

:laugh: The grass is always greener, huh?

It's funny to see how much of what's represented in SWBF2 you guys would like (more interior, more tight maps), whereas most complaints about the stock SWBF2 content were "too many small maps," "not enough vehicles/vehicle maps" (i.e. SWBF1 maps). I would agree, though, that any large map where vehicles aren't the primary mode of play (or don't exist at all) could be shrunk a little and see some improvement.

its true, SWBF2 does have many things i would love to see in SWBF1- the smaller maps, many have been ported over and we play them often, Dea1 is a very nice map, along with Mus1, uta1 and so on.  Sadly we don't have as many players so larger maps basically don't work for us, also many of the younger players don't want to learn how to install Mod maps, being another problem.

I'd love for tank maps to be around, they are fun, however its only fun if you have people to drive all the tanks, and other people to take out the tanks and play all the other rolls in the game needed, it would also be nice if the turrets did anything to a tank.

Again i'd love some large Space maps, for dogfighting in ships, however not to many as this can only be so fun- but the problem with the maps in SWBF1 is more so the things like spawn killing with the ships, once one team on bespin platforms kills all the ships in the sky, they can fly around and kill anyone that tries for a ship.

in any case, if we could merge the two games you could have one great game, however it won't happen so we can try the best we can.

Quote from: "Hardcore"I'd love for tank maps to be around, they are fun, however its only fun if you have people to drive all the tanks, and other people to take out the tanks and play all the other rolls in the game needed, it would also be nice if the turrets did anything to a tank.

couldnt you just make a big arena, add 1 cp to both sides, add like 10 tanks to both sides, maybe 2 or three walkers and AATs, and your done, or am i overlooking a whole bunch of stuff cus i dont mod maps?

Quote from: "Hardcore"Again i'd love some large Space maps, for dogfighting in ships, however not to many as this can only be so fun- but the problem with the maps in SWBF1 is more so the things like spawn killing with the ships, once one team on bespin platforms kills all the ships in the sky, they can fly around and kill anyone that tries for a ship.

I think there was one on the old MXG that Napseeker WAS making, but never quite finished it, or did just never posted its completion.

Both ideas are a good though! :nod:

Newest one!

Well, when i said tank map, i would also like some strategy inpart, such as stuff for infantry to hide in, so forth, a nice set up map for tank battles.

Space maps have been made there are a few, sadly they are mostly remakes of SWBF2 maps, and that almost never truly works, even tho some have come close, but again it comes to the fact that its not fun unless you have 20 people to play with and in this day of SWBF its hard to get that many.

But Yes, Napseeker did have the project of "The Battle Over Coruscant" in line, but he has sense seemed to move on

Quote from: "Hardcore"Well, when i said tank map, i would also like some strategy inpart, such as stuff for infantry to hide in, so forth, a nice set up map for tank battles.

I agree, tank v tank battles are very boring, however, they are realistic. Tanks don't dodge and weave in real life. However, an arena with tons of boulders in it (think Harry Potter vs. Dragon arena in the 4th movie) would work.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Just to keep this fresh in peoples minds, i was going to suggest that if anyone has ideas such as to make the maps lag less they please post them, this can be small map changes larger changes if wanted but you would have to help with the conception of them, and just basic ideas. Thanks!

Seen it and talked it over with BD a few days back- however they are changing the game side mod wise, the maps very little (as you notice he is basically just remove all the bushes and ground effects from what i can tell) and he is not designing a better version of the maps. for those that do not work, i mean i don't even know if i could take a version of Endor that didn't look right, i know i can run Endor at max settings and res and it works fine, however i have a higher end Mac.

Point being he is changing the game alot it wouldn't play the same and it won't be played online much IMO so..