HELP with xsi needed

Started by Linux user Awesome, April 03, 2017, 09:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not completely shore if i should be posting this here but here we go

i made a 3d model in wings (a weapon) and export it as obj (and yes i did triangulate it)
import it into xsi and put all the hp_junk in it and use ZE tools to export msh but it has an error

Last 15 log lines:

INFO (840, do_export): ==========================================
INFO (841, do_export): Starting export at 2017-04-03 22:03:41.043000.
INFO (842, do_export): .msh file path: C:\swbf1_msh\my_msh\Lettet-Forsøgs.msh
INFO (840, do_export): ==========================================
INFO (841, do_export): Starting export at 2017-04-03 22:03:45.967000.
INFO (842, do_export): .msh file path: C:\swbf1_msh\my_msh\Lettet-Forsøgs.msh

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<Script Block >", line 35, in exportbutton_OnClicked
  File "C:\Users\4d\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-1.3.0022\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 832, in export
    self.do_export()
  File "C:\Users\4d\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Application\Plugins\xsizetools-1.3.0022\Application\Core\andezetexport.py", line 851, in do_export
    logging.info('Processing material "{0}".'.format(material.Name))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)

i have made objects (weapons props and vehicals) before that work but this just won't i don't know what is happening  :wacko:

can anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance  :D
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

So you want this time to export a model with a hard point in it right?Because you said hp_junk.This is hardpoint and its used for adding later in that place a particle effect.So that hard point must be something like a untextured (for example) cube.Cube or triangle mesh is perfect.You can even use a null for hardpoint.After you position it where you want it simply press H and hide it.Have in mind that the hardpoint must be put inside the original model that you want to attach it to.Just drag the hardpoint (whether is cube,triangle or null) inside the model from the explorer menu.

If you dont know how to open explorer window just choose one of the 4 windows and click on the upper left side and change it from there to explorer.If you have followed some of my tutorials in youtube you probably know how to do that.
It will be good to show me your hierarchy from your explorer window before export.Show it here and probably i can help you even more.I hope you understand me.If not feel free to ask me anything.  :happy:

I figured out what the problem was it was the name "Lettet-Forsøgs" the danish letter "ø" is not suported with ZEtools or with msh but if i change name to "Lettet-Forsogs" then it will work. I was doing every thing else perfectly and what i meant by hp_junk was hp_fire and dummyroot stuff i use nulls.
and I have watched your videos they were the only ones i could understand  :P

QuoteI hope you understand me.If not feel free to ask me anything.  :happy:

i do have one question about them holding the gun. i got his one hand in the right place on the gun (the trigger part) but he has other hand is in the gun's clip is there any way to make a him hold both places right?

"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Well i dont have too much experience with moving weapons from hands so i really cannot help you much.I am also just like you still learning  :shrug: