Official Information Thread

Started by Unit 33, April 18, 2015, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That isn't much of a problem. For one thing, the only weapon we know of so far without a scope is the DLT-19, and, from the images I've seen of it, it doesn't look like the kind of gun that NEEDS sights.

I forgot to mention in my post that Hip-Fire will also be standard. :P

Being the way I am, I've got this mindset that Hip-Fire is ineffective unless you have a shotgun.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on May 07, 2015, 08:17:16 PM

Being the way I am, I've got this mindset that Hip-Fire is ineffective unless you have a shotgun.

Stormtroopers are notoriously bad shots  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

b-but it was intended!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

May 08, 2015, 08:08:02 AM #19 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:18:01 AM by Norwood
That's brilliant Syyy! I have never thought of it like that!

Edit: I have also heard that in at least one gamemode, the ATATs will be on "rails".
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Norwood on May 08, 2015, 08:08:02 AM
That's brilliant Syyy! I have never thought of it like that!

Edit: I have also heard that in at least one gamemode, the ATATs will be on "rails".

Rails?
Sorry, is that another way of saying they are on a pre-destined path?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

May 08, 2015, 08:39:04 AM #21 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:44:12 AM by Norwood
Quote from: Ultimo on May 08, 2015, 08:33:29 AM
Rails?
Sorry, is that another way of saying they are on a pre-destined path?
Yes

Edit: I know this isn't exactly proof, but this give a general idea of what I have heard: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/331jt8/early_gameplay_impressions_show_that_atat/
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Ultimo on May 07, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
I forgot to mention in my post that Hip-Fire will also be standard. :P

In real life? Hip-firing is totally ineffective. I mean, it's good for iconic images of Marines storming sandy beaches with a .30cal mg, but totally unrealistic for actually use.

I for one, kinda down about the iron-on sights but it's not a killer.

As I mentioned, the ATAT seems to be unique to the 'Walker Assault' game mode, which functions like TF2's payload but with lasers.
And yes, they are on a predetermined path, like in the SWBF PSP titles.

GamesRadar just dropped a bombshell on experienced Battlefield players who might've been expecting a re-skinned Battlefield.

http://www.gamesradar.com/no-squads-or-classes-star-wars-battlefield/

No Classes or Squads! I can't remember if it was already said there would be a lack of classes (I faintly recall something), but that's the part that's kinda slapping me in the face. Squad system? No biggie. No Classes?... I'm being tickled by Halo memories at the moment.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

May 12, 2015, 10:44:06 AM #25 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:51:56 AM by Commander Awesome
This just in: Snowspeeders and the Millennium Falcon are confirmed to be pilotable. (Not the confirmation was really needed)
And that air vehicles will have much easier controls than Battlefield.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 12, 2015, 10:44:06 AM
This just in: Snowspeeders and the Millennium Falcon are confirmed to be pilotable. (Not the confirmation was really needed)
And that air vehicles will have much easier controls than Battlefield.

FINALLY! I can't count how many times I crashed planes in BF1942!

May 14, 2015, 03:49:08 PM #27 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:53:17 PM by Commander Awesome
New info:

• Actual gameplay will be shown at E3 2015.
  • There is a mode called 'Fighter Squadron', which obviously focuses on dogfighting.
  • Starfighers can be flown in both 1st and 3rd-person.
  • AT-ATs have weak-spots which can be reached by infantry via a jetpack.
  • The singleplayer/co-op 'Missions' are "where players can, for example, take on armies of AI or test their piloting skills" and are "instant skirmish(s) alone or with a friend"
  • All missions can be played in singleplayer or co-op.

Read all about it here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/dear-galaxy

(To me it sounds like "Battlefront Missions" is pretty much instant action under a different name)

Well, we'll be getting our first look at gameplay next Monday. The hype is back!

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 09, 2015, 02:40:47 AM
Well, we'll be getting our first look at gameplay next Monday. The hype is back!

I look forward to it!