Which would you rather have?

Started by Kit Fisto, August 07, 2012, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you rather have? PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING

All 6 Star Wars films
Star Wars Battlefront with mods/modding
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 11:40:14 PM
But your a giant fan of swbf?! They don't really seem to go together... To love the game you have to at least like the movies! :( That's like saying I really really like the lotr conquest video game, but I hate the lotr rings movies and books! If you truly loved lotr conquest then you would at least like the movies/books! Get my point?
I mod the game because I enjoy doing it, I play the game because of the gameplay not because of the star wars factor.

August 08, 2012, 12:00:02 AM #16 Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:04:28 AM by FC.Ldr.Joseph
The original star wars trilogy is pretty epic, there's no denying that. but the prequels are pretty bad plotwise, although visually they're cool. I still think episodes 5 and 6 are more visually arresting than anything in the prequel trilogy though. the executor crashing into the second death star? holy crap

fisto are you telling me that it is impossible to love swbf while not liking the movies? your hypothesis is that SK is involved in a complicated act of bad faith/self-deception? that's pretty far out man!

QuoteI play the game because of the gameplay not because of the star wars factor

exactly, the plot aspect of the game lasts for a few weeks to a few months once you get it, then that evaporates and you are left with is it fun online or isn't it. same with other games like repcom.

(breaking bad is another TV show that is more or less perfect. game of thrones is on my (lengthy) to-watch list)

Well, It's hard to choose because I like both the films and swbf very hard.
I grew up with seeing the prequels, and unlike a lot of other fans I like them the way they are ( except for Jar jar binks maybe). They have a good storyline, nice new planets, models, aliens and some of the best special effects.
Well, I have to admit that the original films are better though and that choosing Hayden for Anakin was a bad choice.

I've seen some episodes of the clone wars and I think it could have been better. Some episodes are very good, others are very poor. It's more about the republic and I prefer the seperatist. And I don't like Ahsoka !!!

But since I play swbf1 almost every week, and I see the films once in around 2 years I choose for the best game of al time: STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT  :tu: !!!!!!

i chose to have Star Wars And Mods because, they are both the same concept except one is a video game that gives you somewhat of an experience, where as if you are watching movie you only have an idea.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Commando Sev on August 08, 2012, 10:52:11 AM
i chose to have Star Wars And Mods because, they are both the same concept except one is a video game that gives you somewhat of an experience, where as if you are watching movie you only have an idea.
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
You can only choose one, no "I would keep both" answers.

I chose to play SWBF and mod SWBF. The movies are okay, but I liked them alot more when I was younger. At about 12 I realized they are really boring and not worth watching anymore.

I voted for the movies, as they are awesome, even the prequels.

I like BF, but there are other things that I could be doing instead. I think I'd miss not being able to watch the movies more than I'd miss not being able to play BF. :P
I just can't seem to stay away...

Battlefront is a brilliant game which I will be playing for many more years but I only started because of the Star Wars connection. While I don't see the films as perfect anymore without them there would be no SWBF, Kotor, Jedi Knight games, Comics, hundreds of books, lego or millions of people having conversations like this :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

It is strange for me to say this, specialy after all my absession with chasing for the game disc, but I have to vote for the film... Without it, I haven't any muse for modding anyway.
In some hard moments of my life, it is always good to seet, and watch this movie again. It is just like meet old friends, that say: everething be ok...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I bought this game when i was in fourth grade and loved star wars, now im in highschool and pretty much could care less about ever seeing the movies again. I play for the battlefront, not the star wars.

Dont get me wrong, the original trilogy was great, but theres only so much enjoyment you can get from a movie, while a multiplayer game like swbf can offer endless hours of entertainment, with online games, tournaments, and talking and playing/competing with rea lpeople, as opposed to sitting in front of a television for a few hours watching a movie. Not to mention the huge database of mods and maps on websites like filefront, and right here on mpcgamers, which can keep the singleplayer aspect interesting with complete side overhaul mods (ATF, Main Play, etc.). Theres just so much more to be had from a game than a movie.

Quote from: Sereja on August 08, 2012, 04:19:11 PM
It is strange for me to say this, specialy after all my absession with chasing for the game disc, but I have to vote for the film... Without it, I haven't any muse for modding anyway.
In some hard moments of my life, it is always good to seet, and watch this movie again. It is just like meet old friends, that say: everething be ok...
So there ARE some people out there who love the movies more than swbf! Like Sereja said, why mod and make maps if you don't understand the story behind it! A lot of mods made by people have been really cool, but the ones that have the star wars universe incorporated into them seem to be more popular. Look a the main play mod and the star fire mod, they are really popular with over 1,000 d/ls on file front and lots of YouTube vids. While other mods that don't really have that much to do with star wars aren't as popular. You may all think I'm stupid for holding the movies in higher regard but in the long run, when swbf is no longer played, and the fan base is totally dead, the movies will still remain. And the fan base for the movies will also remain...

Im with Jon here, the swbf universe is so huge, not even counting the sequel. Even if the movies vanished from the face of the earth, the games would not lose a single bit of value.

You cant judge something based off of its popularity, well you can but it's a bit insulting to yourself.

And as for memories, I have way more good memories from playing battlefront than from watching the movies, no doubt there

August 08, 2012, 08:04:59 PM #26 Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:19:36 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
So here are the "rules" for this theoreticall question:
You can only choose one, no "I would keep both" answers.
The idea of this is to see if people like Star Wars better than SWBF or the other way around.
If you choose Star Wars you can NEVER play SWBF or any sequal.
If you choose SWBF you can mod and play any sequal to SWBF but you can NEVER watch a Star Wars movie again, ever.  :bye:

This is a "let me think about it" kinda poll. ( I love coming up with polls  :D ) Put why you choose what you did.

First, I'll answer this question as it was intended: I choose the game, even though I don't play with heavy mods.
Now, I'll troll.

This thread... it's... it's...

Yeah.

You see, this question is impossible to answer.
As it stands, one cannot choose choice two, because that in the game there are clips from the Star Wars movies, which would mean that one would break the clause stating that "[one] can [never] watch a Star Wars movie again, ever" (emphasis removed). [Meta troll comment: If these clips are acceptable, that would mean that we could watch either (i) a series of clips or, if it is acceptable as long as the movie is not in its entirety, (ii) a movie with something edited out.]

Which means that the only option is choice one, which thereby makes this a poll that only a Dodger's fan could come up with. :-)

Quote from: Phobos on August 07, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
I would say game of thrones fits that criteria IMO but that's another subject altogether.

I haven't read, and don't plan on reading any time soon, R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, but I am considering watching the television program... do you think I would miss out or otherwise be unable to follow the series?

Also, just about everything on HBO is fantastic.

Wow you really thought that through! Ok, ok the movie clips in the game don't count as watching the movie. You miss all the cooler scenes anyway in the game... but that's the ONLY place you would see scenes from the movies. You would NOT be able to watch an edited version of the movie. Dang. I don't know how to convince you guys that the movies are better!!  Someone? Anyone? Who finds the movies better than the game, lets make a clan called, um, called... ??? Help me out! :P

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 08, 2012, 10:16:14 PM
Wow you really thought that through! Ok, ok the movie clips in the game don't count as watching the movie. You miss all the cooler scenes anyway in the game... but that's the ONLY place you would see scenes from the movies. You would NOT be able to watch an edited version of the movie. Dang. I don't know how to convince you guys that the movies are better!!  Someone? Anyone? Who finds the movies better than the game, lets make a clan called, um, called... ??? Help me out! :P
Dude your on a SWBF community site not a SW movies community site. It is totally understandable that the majority would pick SWBF.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 08, 2012, 10:20:44 PM
Dude your on a SWBF community site not a SW movies community site. It is totally understandable that the majority would pick SWBF.
Lol! That I am, that I am. I guess that explains it, I thought that being In a STAR WARS bf community the SW Part would come with it... but I guess Im wrong!