how to make them hold the gun right?-SWBF1

Started by Linux user Awesome, June 30, 2017, 12:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I need to know how you make a guy in SWBF1 hold a gun that is has got an grip like this one(madsen LMG)

see the above grip(madsen LMG) v.s the below(AK-47)

what I am trying to say is how do you make a swbf1 guy hold the gun like it is the first photo(madsen LMG)

the first photo has a grip that is strait acroos the second has a strait up grip. can you tell me how or if I change how it is held in swbf1 so it does not look so weird how he holds it.(the madsen LMG)

oh and if you can move the other hand somwhere else on the gun too.

thanks  :cheers:

If I can get any help with this maybe I will release a few models soon.  ;)
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

June 30, 2017, 02:15:22 AM #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:22:55 AM by Phobos
How the guns are held is controlled by the line AnimationBank the default anim for most guns is AnimationBank = "rifle"
"pistol" is used for 1 handed guns. "lightsabre" is the default melee anim.

I'm not sure of which exact animation would work best for your idea, but if none of the stock BF1 anims work you can always test using stock anims from BF2. Modders can add up to 6 custom weapon animations to any mission through the side or common LVL. I've posted a tutorial for this here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9847

If you need help munging the anims let me know. I've tested several BF2 anims for melee weapons in TWD here using the 0.85 melee optimizer http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10821

I haven't tested any custom firearm animations yet for the mod, but if you have SWBF2 you can play through the various units there and see which animations might work best. Some of them don't port to SWBF1 properly so they must all be tested in game.

Maybe there is another way using XSI for the gun model itself, in that case I don't know. You might have to create the right animation yourself, which is something Ginev was working on I think.

You also may have to alter the "hp_active" on the weapon. It needs to be where you want the unit to hold the gun.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

well it looks like modders will just have to make an anamation for it if I ever get around to finishing up some of these "strait across" griped firearms models.

hope i get around to it somtime.  :cheers:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer