Adding to, or creating a ANOTHER new Side.

Started by wofy01, December 19, 2016, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 19, 2016, 03:52:28 PM Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:00:39 PM by wofy01
I have browsed some forums for a some amount of time, and from both general knowledge and examining this site, I understand how annoying it is when some n00b at modding, posts with simple questions, warranting nothing more but closer looking/research. Unfortunately, being as I have nothing positive to contribute at this time, I shamefully fall under such category of the aforementioned n00b. Although through my findings, this issue that (hopefully) only I seem to have, has not been addressed.

I have created a Side, and after numerous trial and error, and time, IT WORKS! Only now, I wish to add to that Side, but any addition I make, crashes the game. So my other solution was to create a separate Side, just for that different unit. Still doesn't work (I made sure it had dc:  ). Comparing it to my first change to the Side, (.odf's, .msh's, .req's, effects, munged)  it seems perfectly fine. The syntax in the ABCc-con looks fine as well. I also edited the munge directory as instructed in the tutorial that followed. So I have no idea what's going awry, I hope that someone would take the time to respond to this, and not consider me a total dweeb for my inexperience.  :cheers:

Tutorial that was followed:

I attached the ABCc-con LUA as well

Welcome to the site   :cheers:

Side modding can be tricky.  If a line or command in the ODF is out of place, it can cause crashes.  There are also some hard limits, such as the number of weapon channels. 

I always suggest that you make one change at a time in your files, then re-munge and test then back up the working munge in case you need to go back to it.

I don't think we can tell what the issue is with your particular side until can see the ODFs.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

December 19, 2016, 06:39:54 PM #2 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:54:34 AM by Anyder
Ah, thank you for the expedited response, and your advice was well followed. It has solved some other issues I was having earlier, but not the crashing one. Here, I will enclose screenshots, of the odfs, and files.

Unit's odf - Screenshot 24
Classes odf - " 25
Weapon odf - " 26

Any other odfs that may be troublesome? I can also send the reqs

Edit by Anyder. Please do not spam the forum. Use the edit button instead.

did you fix this? if not did you add the character to the req?
KadeEclipse