dice stuff

Started by (Alpha)Noob, January 01, 2015, 12:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I Have No Clue That's Why I'm Asking Commander Might Know

I've never played any of DICE's games before. (I don't play M-rated games) So I don't know.

(This should probably be split to a third topic.)

Well I Will Try To Find Out  ;)

The only DICE game I have played is Battlefield 2. (Which is not M-rated thank goodness.) And it is a pretty good game overall. Why do you ask?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

its not DICE you should worry about. its EA 

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

January 02, 2015, 02:03:37 PM #5 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:45:04 PM by Gistech
I've played both Bad Company games, Battlefield 3 and 4. I wasn't terribly impressed with the latter two. And the lack of anything other than a campaign for singple player in all four was a little jarring (though the two Bad Company titles had campaigns that helped alleviate that sense and were a joy to play through). I understand these are predominantly multiplayer games, though, and they may handle SWBF differently in that regard.

However, if EA tries to rush it out the door like they did Battlefield 4, then I won't have much faith in the final product.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I am a big fan of Bad Company 2. Highly recommend it if you enjoy FPS.

This is a Youtuber I follow, not too serious but puts in the effort.

January 05, 2015, 10:40:00 AM #7 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:41:54 AM by tprshadow
I think it's worth considering that although Battlefield 3 & 4 were pretty terrible for the first few months, after half a year and a few rounds of patches, both became very much playable. I would be more concerned about the moneymaking gimmicks EA is going to try to pull. How many expansions do you figure there will be? 5? 10? 30? How much is it going to cost total after the game itself and the packs they add on top? Upwards of $120 I'm sure, especially if they go with the $70 initial pricing EA introduced for eleventh generation consoles.

Let us not forget EA is going to make it a Battlelog platform game, which is just horrific.

Quote from: tprshadow on January 05, 2015, 10:40:00 AM
I think it's worth considering that although Battlefield 3 & 4 were pretty terrible for the first few months, after half a year and a few rounds of patches, both became very much playable. I would be more concerned about the moneymaking gimmicks EA is going to try to pull. How many expansions do you figure there will be? 5? 10? 30? How much is it going to cost total after the game itself and the packs they add on top? Upwards of $120 I'm sure, especially if they go with the $70 initial pricing EA introduced for eleventh generation consoles.

Let us not forget EA is going to make it a Battlelog platform game, which is just horrific.

I threw up in my mouth after reading that.  :sick:     

I still have faith in EA/Dice (Don't ask me why...) Still, even if Star Wars Battlefront becomes the most overpriced, terrible game of the decade, it's still a win that we have the "Battlefront" name back.  :happy:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

This.

Also, that guy that took a pic of me when I was out of it while playing my first game Sunday. May I has a copy?