Pre-Alpha?!

Started by Helios, June 29, 2015, 02:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Carbon27 on June 30, 2015, 10:34:50 AM
So, if you can talk about it to other people (Im unsure of rules) could you answer some of my questions?

1.  I didn't think it would feel like any of the previous Battlefronts, does it feel like the old ones?  If so, does it feel more like 1 or 2?

2. What games does it most feel like, COD, Battlefield or previous SWBFs?

3. Rolling isn't included so far, is it?

4. Is it fun? Worth the price?

Quote from: Commander Awesome on June 30, 2015, 11:01:26 AM
Also, if we're allowed to know, what customization options are available? What guns can you use?
Pre-Alpha access begins July 2nd at 4am EST. I'll answer these questions as soon as i play the game.

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Carbon27 on June 30, 2015, 10:34:50 AM
So, if you can talk about it to other people (Im unsure of rules) could you answer some of my questions?

1.  I didn't think it would feel like any of the previous Battlefronts, does it feel like the old ones?  If so, does it feel more like 1 or 2?

2. What games does it most feel like, COD, Battlefield or previous SWBFs?

3. Rolling isn't included so far, is it?

4. Is it fun? Worth the price?

I'm sure you're allowed to talk about but I know you're not allowed to upload any videos. I remember back when battlefield 3 alpha was out EA started taking the videos off youtube. I got invited to this alpha also so when I get to play I'll share my opinion on the game here, but the game will feel like Battlefield. The game basically has the same mechanics in fact I think its running on the same engine as Battlefield 4 just more updated version and that's not much of a surprise because it's made by the same company.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on June 30, 2015, 08:54:08 PM
The game basically has the same mechanics in fact I think its running on the same engine as Battlefield 4 just more updated version and that's not much of a surprise because it's made by the same company.

Oh yeah, it's definitely running on the Frostbite 3 engine. I play Battlefield 4 enough to say that they both already look very similar.
On the other hand, the gameplay trailers make Frostbite 3 look like it has been updated, but I doubt it's a new engine (Frostbite 4) because DICE would've announced something huge like that.
And on a final hand, I haven't played the game yet. So I could be completely wrong. But I don't believe I am at all.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper