hard coded vehicle limit ?

Started by wsa30h, September 12, 2019, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
how many of each vehicle type can there be at once on the map ? how many hover type vehicle how many command walker how many command hover and how many normal walkers ? also how many of all of these together can there be without crashing the map ? also if there are too many can just the cw era crash ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

First of all, you need to adjust the memory pools in your mission lua to account for all the vehicles, such as hovers and walkers.
You're more likely to be limited by graphics limitations in the game engine than any hard limit, because stuff will just start disappearing once it is too high.  What that limit is, I don't know, however.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

i have 34 hovers 6 command walkers 4 atsts and 4 flyers on the map.
  AddWalkerType(0, 4) -- Droidekas
    AddWalkerType(1, 4) -- 6 atsts with 1 leg pairs each
AddWalkerType(2, 3) -- 1 atats with 2 leg pairs each
   AddWalkerType(3, 3) -- 3 attes with 3 leg pairs each
    SetMemoryPoolSize("CommandWalker", 6)
SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityHover", 34)
    SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityFlyer", 12)
-- bf1 tcw battles

The solution is to start small and work your way up.  That looks like way too much for this game.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

mhh but yet i have the same in gcw only difference being that i have 2 command hovers and 3 atats 4 spider walkers and 4 atsts 34 hovers and it doesent crash in the gcw era can 6 command walkers crash the game ? i have no other idea why the game would be fine with the gcw era but not the cw era. also both eras are cross eras gcw droids vs empire with rebels and republic as team 3 and 4. cw era empire vs clones team 3 and 4 are droids and rebels. sometimes the game crashes in the cw era only even after remaking the script and checking sp  test there are no errors in the script anymore. can certain objects also crash only one era ?
-- bf1 tcw battles