SWBF2 Installation problem (Transfer Failure)

Started by AaTcFett, March 09, 2010, 07:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, there was a post like this but it never had the answer. It was by PLA Seth. I have the same problem it goes through all the regular stuff and then says some kind of transfer failure. I'll get a pic when I can.
Chuck Norris doesn't have heart attacks...His heart does not dare to attack him.
=AaTc= Forever

I've had a problem somewhat like that. I believe it's because the memory in the CD is either corrupt or your CD reader is bad.

Here's what you do. Insert the discs. Right click on their drives, and hit "Explore" It should have data1.cab...and so one. One data per CD. CD2 = Data2.cab. Etc. Now copy and paste those onto your desktop. After you have all the data.cab's on your desktop, place CD1 in and start the installation. Then when it says insert the next CD to continue installation, change the file location to wherever your data.cab is on your desktop. This should work. If it doesn't, something's wrong with the data. If so, download it off a torrent, and use your own CD key (make sure the torrent is clean first.)

If THAT doesn't work... then there's something wrong with your computer XD
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

ok im working on it right now but theres a data1.cab and a data2.cab in cd 1 and in cd2 its data3.cab do i get both the cabs out of cd 1?
Chuck Norris doesn't have heart attacks...His heart does not dare to attack him.
=AaTc= Forever