Play multiplayer mods/maps together ;)

Started by Lukas, February 03, 2017, 02:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: gamewiz198 on February 05, 2017, 06:09:57 AM
Sorry, my ping is so bad I couldn't even join.  :confused:. Could you possibly use an ethernet chord if you're not already?

That's my biggest worry on doing this. I run a server on SWBFSpy (Called MuHomies, down for maintenance today though), and I've not had any reports of issues from folks, even though my ping is high.

I notice that a lot of ping limits are around 150, and though I have a ping of anywhere between 175 and 250, I rarely experience a lag issue.

However, with that in mind, I think anyone's mod map ideas would be cool to play - I'd especially like to play some of the Battlefront 1 maps on there. Rhen Var Harbor was always a personal favorite of mine!

Quote from: GI_Joe on February 05, 2017, 02:16:37 PM
That's my biggest worry on doing this. I run a server on SWBFSpy (Called MuHomies, down for maintenance today though), and I've not had any reports of issues from folks, even though my ping is high.

I notice that a lot of ping limits are around 150, and though I have a ping of anywhere between 175 and 250, I rarely experience a lag issue.

However, with that in mind, I think anyone's mod map ideas would be cool to play - I'd especially like to play some of the Battlefront 1 maps on there. Rhen Var Harbor was always a personal favorite of mine!
Using SWBFSpy does not cause ping issues.
SWBFSpy is only for the server browser to display all the servers connecting to a common masterserver (SWBFSpy). Pings and lag depend on the server host speed.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on February 05, 2017, 02:19:25 PM
Using SWBFSpy does not cause ping issues.
SWBFSpy is only for the server browser to display all the servers connecting to a common masterserver (SWBFSpy). Pings and lag depend on the server host speed.

Sorry if it seemed that I meant otherwise.  8)

I was not meaning to pointing that issue to Spy at all, I love spy. I just meant that I have slow home internet speeds.

My apologies.

February 05, 2017, 11:32:07 PM #18 Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:07:25 AM by Lukas
Quote from: GI_Joe on February 05, 2017, 02:16:37 PM

Ping was not a problem. Problem was that I saddenly couldn't host maps I mean I could host but nobody could join. It was antivir problem don't know why, earlier everything was OK. My friend host it for me and it was ok I'll fix antyvir problem until next time :)
I we have some more people then why not Spy it's ok for me but yesterday GR done the thing cuz there was 3 of us and 4th person join the game from GR and it was 2v2. GR has more people so chances for additional player is higher + chat room is helpful too, in cases mod crash or something like this to inform other players what is happening and what to do.

And yes GI_Joe we are focusing on BF1 maps and new maps provided by convo 2.2 ;) If you like Rhen Var Harbor it will be in high place on playlist just tell me which era would you like on this map :) cuz if it's only me and ZEHEL our fav is  Clone Wars almost on every map :P

You have to set up portforwarding on your router for Multiplayer...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

February 06, 2017, 03:22:36 AM #20 Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:31:49 AM by Lukas
Quote from: Led on February 06, 2017, 03:18:20 AM
You have to set up portforwarding on your router for Multiplayer...
Disable antyvirus done the thing. In router options I don't know how to do it but i have done some port configuration in windows hm....but maybe it was for GameRanger and not for SWBFSpy.
Do you have any tutorial?

ok I'll try this
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6383.0
but tell me if you know these ports "3658, 3659, 5600, 28910, 29900" are for SWBF1 or 2?
on steam I found this info "Battlefront ports are 3558 to 3668. Add everything in-between."

Dealing with your Router
------------------------

If you have a firewall/router you must enable portforwarding so that other people can connect to your computer. I know how to configure my router, but I don't know anything about yours, so please consult your manual.

Type ipconfig at a command prompt on the computer that will be used to host SWBF to find your IP of your hosting computer.

If you know all about your router and how to portforward, then portforward ports 3658, 3659, 6500, and 27900 (both TCP and UDP) to your host computer.  Consult your firewall/router manual if you need to learn about portforwarding.

If you have a software firewall, like one built into windows, then you will need to deal with that, too.

Finally, if your firewall has an option to allow a ping of your router, then you should do that.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ok hosting stuff I have done it all ;)
Sorry but I don't have much time to  play this week. I can do some on Sunday someone's OK with this?

And I discover that after every map played with KOTOR era game crashes or rather stop and you must quit it on your own so If we wont play this era keep it in mind that we must quit and rejoin, mods fault :P

just sayin'
I'll try it out if it won't destroy online compatibility but I think it shouldn't I have installed other graphic mod and it's ok ;)

February 12, 2017, 12:06:07 AM #26 Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:44:10 AM by Lukas
OK guys we are playing today 16-19 (polish time zone)
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170212T150000&p1=548&p2=37&p3=136&p4=179
We are doing everything like last time so look first post :)
host game on GameRanger name: "Conversion pack 2.2 mod Join :) "
After game:
Thanks guys ZEHEL and gamewiz198 when game was 2 vs 2 with some random guy it was great fun on these maps.
So till next time :D

Are we doing something new or the same?
for something new I think battlefront 3 Legacy mod (beta2 ) is awesome but has only 2 map so I would add some new maps to the play list like Coruscant Modern Warfare or Kothlis Sea Heaven really awesome maps :)  but I doubt some one will join cuz random guys feom GR don't have these maps i think :P 

Quote from: Lukas on February 10, 2017, 12:15:11 AM
just sayin'
I'll try it out if it won't destroy online compatibility but I think it shouldn't I have installed other graphic mod and it's ok ;)
If you can get that 2017 graphics mod to work, please show me how you installed it. Every time I install it, my game crashes on start up, no matter which version I use.  :(
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper