How to Play SWBF with new GameMaster masterserver internet option

Started by Led, May 28, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: oldsnake on June 01, 2014, 07:10:46 AM
hi Mike. I was able to get a swbf1 no patch ps2 server up using this hosts file. So it should work for the swbf2 version. *this hosts file is for swbf1 only*.

Awesome, thank you for that. Were you able to your server on the PS2 server list?

Hmm, well the exodous from Trummble was quick and decisive. I suppose it must be a success. However after following a large number of instructions in regard to exe.files and replacing hosts etc , I can still only play via this
VPN.
Any attempt to access the internet leads to a long drawn out loading window in white,just says 'Loading.......'
for ages, and then does it some more.
Is there a concise and definative series of steps? Or will it just be a 'trial and error' approach?
There seems to be a number of different options, which one works?
By the way Trummble works well now...

hi Mike. i just tried to connect to the servers on the ps2 i switched the dns 99.198.122.113 from openspy*which works great*  to the new one 5.230.233.61 no servers show up on the list*swbf1*. so i switched the server over to lan and the server shows up so i know the server is working in lan mode. on swbf2 the servers show up with the new dns 5.230.233.61 when clicking join my game stops responding while trying to get into the server.

4lbLordUxor, you need to try this version which usually fixes that problem, all that you should be experiencing is an autorun issue:

http://uef-clan.com/FTP/Anyder/Anyder/Battlefront_autorun_fix_by_anyder.exe

If it doesn't work then yes you have a problem!
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: 4lbLordUxor on June 01, 2014, 08:14:31 PM
Hmm, well the exodous from Trummble was quick and decisive. I suppose it must be a success. However after following a large number of instructions in regard to exe.files and replacing hosts etc , I can still only play via this
VPN.
Any attempt to access the internet leads to a long drawn out loading window in white,just says 'Loading.......'
for ages, and then does it some more.
Is there a concise and definative series of steps? Or will it just be a 'trial and error' approach?
There seems to be a number of different options, which one works?
By the way Trummble works well now...

If you need some help I can talk you though it by voice chat on xfire some time.  Just let me know.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: ULTIMO on May 30, 2014, 12:07:00 PM
No. Quite infact I have checked for overheating before but my computer is the coldest piece of metal in my room...
I'm not sure what's causing this...
But I have a hunch its something that I may have accidently downloaded with another file.
I'm going to start backing things up that I want and reset my PC... maybe.

I have just reset my PC and am working on restoring all the files I backed up. They will be in the works this week and I will be gone to camp. So... when I come back, maybe my SWBF will work right...
Goodbye! See you Saturday! Thanks for the help LED, if my PC is still screwing up I may come to you first. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Anyone know what nick changer works well with the new server setup?

Quote from: Dirty Harry on June 02, 2014, 12:56:02 AM
Anyone know what nick changer works well with the new server setup?

Rename your original battlefront.exe to Originalbattlefront.exe. Then rename the modified exe that you downloaded to play internet to Battlefront.exe. I don't know but that worked for me lol

I do not know how the nickchanger works exactly, but I don't think a differing server will break functionality, and I do not think renaming the executable is a good idea, unless it attaches to the process (in which case is named "battlefront" anyways, which is weird..).

There's only one way to find out of course ^^
Also, do note that nick changer seems to malfunction from time to time, it will just stop working for a little bit for me, and I know others have had the same scenarios.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 02, 2014, 11:34:51 AM
I do not know how the nickchanger works exactly, but I don't think a differing server will break functionality, and I do not think renaming the executable is a good idea, unless it attaches to the process (in which case is named "battlefront" anyways, which is weird..).

There's only one way to find out of course ^^
Also, do note that nick changer seems to malfunction from time to time, it will just stop working for a little bit for me, and I know others have had the same scenarios.

BB's nickchanger is a memory hack that searches for battlefont.exe.  So yes, I expect that it would not work if you do not rename the new exe file to battlefront.exe.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: oldsnake on June 01, 2014, 08:17:15 PM
hi Mike. i just tried to connect to the servers on the ps2 i switched the dns 99.198.122.113 from openspy*which works great*  to the new one 5.230.233.61 no servers show up on the list*swbf1*. so i switched the server over to lan and the server shows up so i know the server is working in lan mode. on swbf2 the servers show up with the new dns 5.230.233.61 when clicking join my game stops responding while trying to get into the server.

Interesting. I too was able to play SWBF1 on OpenSpy and it worked fine, but it wasn't configured properly to work on SWBF2. That's why I am trying to use GameMaster for SWBF2 for now. I think I may have the wrong DNS address, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks to Led I was able to track down and talk to the developers of GameMaster directly over here:
http://gameshare.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8

I think they are interested in supporting PC and PS2 which is good news for everybody. I think I can get everything sorted out soon.

Thanks for the help and advice, but 'the dog still won't hunt'....all a bit too hard for me I suspect,nvm.