Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)

Started by Giftheck, May 10, 2016, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-confirmed-features-content/1100-6439682/

It's confirmed to be happening with content from the Sequels though I'm guessing it will also have GCW content too, but no mention has been made of the Clone Wars or single player (they should have learned their lessons from this game on that regard)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Unless the company is just big enough to be able to push these games out and not rush them...

DICE and EA are already working on Battlefield 1, which is the new World War I installment of that franchise. Trailers just released, early alpha gameplay was given to select few, and they are even advertising open beta already. The last Battlefield game came out in 2013.

I feel as if though this new SWBF2 comes out in 2017, it could be very rushed and have a poor launch start. However, I'm sure they'll fix it over time. (Battlefield 4 in a nutshell)

Maybe the DICE and EA's part with them IS big enough to be regularly pumping out games year after year? I've been following them since Battlefield 3 and I'm just not too sure about a second SWBF from them yet.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I think this time I will wait for the EA/DICE Star Wars Humble Bundle   ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I haven't buyed Battlefront 1 nor i will buy the second.Classic battlefront FOREVER!  :cheers:

They need to get rid of that garbage power pickup system. I still feel like the current one isnt a complete game yet. Maybe that will change in the summer. DICE knows they messed in some areas, hopefully they don't rush it like they did this one.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

The game was just announced today and people already hate it.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on May 11, 2016, 04:28:54 PM
The game was just announced today and people already hate it.

Without a proper class system, the current game seems pretty bleh to me.  There is no motivation to for me to even try other weapons, and I have no interest in any other game mode besides Blast.  I earn just enough credits to keep my cards charged.

What can a new game like that add?  New skins?  New weapons that do the same as the current weapons?  (As it is now, there is not a lot of variability among the blasters.)   The same lack of multiplayer clan support?  The same lack of server browser and hosting?  The same lack of singleplayer content?

I dropped $80 on the deluxe package but have avoided the DLC (though I get killed plenty by scatter gun and other DLC weapons/traits).  My entertainment dollar can go further elsewhere.

I predict a large drop in sales for the future of this reincarnated franchise.

"Fool me once, shame on me.  Fool me twice, don't get fooled again."  -George Bush 43    ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet