Additional music

Started by Giftheck, August 28, 2014, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 28, 2014, 12:39:59 AM Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:38:48 PM by ggctuk2005
Additional music is something that the Star Wars: Battlefront series has so far lacked. Other LucasArts games have additional music: everybody who's into game music must surely recall Mark Griskey's work on KOTOR2, TFU, TFU2 and TOR. Given that the game is now in the hands of DICE and EA, do you reckon we'll see new music written for it? And if so, who would you want to take it on? I'd say Griskey or Michael Giacchino. Keep Hans Zimmer away from it, please: we don't need "FPS Generic Soundtrack BGM #19032472374"
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Michael Giacchino would be a great choice, I thought the Star Trek (2009) OST was fantastic.
But considering the release might tie-in with the new films, they might make use of new John Williams tracks.

August 28, 2014, 07:25:14 AM #2 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:53:39 AM by -RepublicCommando-
No Hans Zimmer? Let the great SALLY curse you and all of your children mods!

edit- Forgot what I wanted to say:
I Agree with Mark Griskey as a choice, as I really liked the SWTOR OST.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 28, 2014, 07:25:14 AM
No Hans Zimmer? Let the great SALLY curse you and all of your children mods!

He hit his prime in the 1990s with great scores like The Lion King (which I count amongst my favourite scores of all time) and Toys, but recently he's been shown to be somewhat unable to get back up to that level.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 28, 2014, 07:25:14 AMI Agree with Mark Griskey as a choice, as I really liked the SWTOR OST.

I think he's done brilliant work on all his LucasArts projects.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I'd love to see an original soundtrack! My favorites for Star Wars games are KotOR 1 (by Jeremy Soule) and Republic Commando (by Jesse Harlin).

I personally like the RC and the FU soundtracks.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."