Star Wars Battlefront EA Reboot - Tournaments

Started by TheGangstarTY, January 31, 2016, 04:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we/Could we begin planning tournaments right away on SWBFGamers? What platform would it be hosted on? (2 votes, 1 each for each question)

Q1. Yes!
8 (72.7%)
Q1. Not right now, but maybe in the future. (please let us know why)
1 (9.1%)
Q1. We can't (please let us know why)
0 (0%)
Q1. No.
1 (9.1%)
Q2. I PLAY ON PC/IT SHOULD BE HOSTED ON PC
5 (45.5%)
Q2. I PLAY ON XBOX ONE/IT SHOULD BE HOSTED ON XBOX ONE
1 (9.1%)
Q2. I PLAY ON PS4/IT SHOULD BE HOSTED ON PS4
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 10, 2016, 05:39:39 AM

Hello all,

Since private servers are now officially a feature for Star Wars Battlefront EA Reboot, why don't we plan a sort of friendly tournament?
I would love to play in one server with just people from SWBFGamers, it'd be interesting to find out who would win. Especially since some of us have mixed opinions on which is their preferred weapon, star cards, traits and heroes. Maybe on Walker Assault or Supremacy? Or maybe even fighter squadron?
No matter what the game mode is, I just want to participate in a tournament for this game, desperately! Anyone else want this?
If so, what platform would it be hosted on? I was hoping PC due to more software available for recording results on the tournaments and the pure fact that I only have a PC. But then again, more people here seem to only have it on Console rather than PC   :shrug:

I've no idea, I've never hosted and I wouldn't want to host (too much effort for me  :P ) but there's some people who've hosted ICW5 and other tournaments before, who would know.

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I'm not sure about tournaments but I'd like to join a game night like we used to have.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 31, 2016, 05:25:50 AM
I'm not sure about tournaments but I'd like to join a game night like we used to have.

Now that we can have private matches, we should do that.  Maybe next Saturday afternoon?  (to make it easy for the EU players?)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Sounds good to me. Although it needs a host I think that just means the first player and it will still use EAs servers?

Might be worth having a play around, I know you need 4 players to start.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Led on January 31, 2016, 05:55:17 AM
Now that we can have private matches, we should do that.  Maybe next Saturday afternoon?  (to make it easy for the EU players?)

That seems fair to me :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 31, 2016, 06:49:28 AM
Might be worth having a play around, I know you need 4 players to start.

You need about 6 players to start Walker Assault... I think.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on January 31, 2016, 07:26:30 AM

You need about 6 players to start Walker Assault... I think.

Yes, it depends on the game mode.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 31, 2016, 06:49:28 AM
Sounds good to me. Although it needs a host I think that just means the first player and it will still use EAs servers?

Yes, I think that is correct.