is SWBF2 PS2 dead ?

Started by Purplespecter, September 09, 2017, 05:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys !

I've seen that you are the most active SWBF community out there, so I was wondering if anybody was still playing SWBF2 on PS2 these days. I really want to play online again (last time was in 2013 or so, I had a clan with some friends), so let me know if you are interested ! I've heard that you need DNS adresses to login to the multi, i've tried but none of them worked.

Thanks in advance for your advice !

Welcome.  :cheers:

There are players that play PS2 SWBF2.

I have set up a DNS server that points to a new DNAS server.

This community can help you get back on line:
http://www.theswbfc.com/

I have a server that I run for that community.

In particular, look for Mike aka MiketheBeast.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If you're capable of jailbreaking your PS2 then I can provide a SWBF2 patch that makes getting online really easy. Literally as easy as it was when Gamespy was alive.

Your PS2 needs to be jailbroken to play a modified SWBF2 iso.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

yeah, but i want to be sure that people are still playing online before doing this. other thing is that i'm in europe, don't know if that is a problem.

Do you guys know if a cracked version of SWBF2 PC can work online with the patch available on the forum ?

September 09, 2017, 10:45:23 AM #5 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:48:49 PM by Led
Quote from: Purplespecter on September 09, 2017, 10:43:07 AM
Do you guys know if a cracked version of SWBF2 PC can work online with the patch available on the forum ?

We don't discuss cracks here.

The patch works for all known versions of SWBF2 PC. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Purplespecter on September 09, 2017, 10:43:07 AM
The game is extremely cheap, especially on sales. Don't crack it, buy it.