Star Wars Battlefront II control issue when using XBOX 360 System Link

Started by PyroJockey, June 05, 2017, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
We are setting up for running LAN games using 7 XBOX 360 consoles with hard drives on a wired network.

We are having success with most games certified for the 360 but have a unique problem with Star Wars Battlefront II for the original XBOX. The issue is with the controller. Every time a button is pressed the player will always move slightly forward and to the right. This happens on all machines and only when on a LAN game. The controller behaves as expected when playing a single player game. We have tested this with both wired and wireless controllers with the same result. Looking for suggestions.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there's the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Blowing s--- up since 1978

Does this happen on all your consoles,game copies,and controllers?
If so,try and update your Xbox software.Experiment with different (preferably new) controllers (although you already said that it only happens on LAN) , as heavily used controllers will have worn out buttons that might not work well (worn out springs) or function on it's own.This seems to be a glitch though.If they had any updates for the game,try to install them.If they don't support updates for SWBF anymore, search for one online.
Generic Sig goes here

Pyro is a pro.  He would have tried anything reasonable already before posting.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

sounds similar to an issue i had trying to get an xbone controller to work w/ swbfII on PC

have you tried messing with sensitivity/dead zone settings (idk if those are settings you can change on xbox)

We have the same result on all consoles with every copy of the game.

The controllers are all new. We've tried both wireless and wired, official Xbox and cheap knockoffs as well as Logitech xinput gamepads. We have connected all consoles to the internet an to the best of my knowledge they are to date.

All console have genuine Xbox hard drives installed since they are required to play original Xbox games.

We have tried using both wired and wireless networking.

I will try looking for sensitivity settings but think it unlikely since and button will cause movement, not just the analog sticks. For example if you push crouch or the enemy lockon, you move. If you are scoped in with the sniper scope, you move right when you pull the trigger.

Most of these you can try to compensate for once you are aware of them. The killer is you cannot steer the droideka when in ball mode. There is a glitch in the software that if you are turning when going into ball mode you are locked in one direction.

Are you using dedicated server software to host LAN mode (not sure if that even exists for xbox)?

edit:  There is no need to quote his entire post.

So this is probably a game glitch.Are they all patched up to the last software update?That could be the problem as the last update could of had a pile of glitches.I'm sure it's possible revert the games to an old version and you can see what happens from there.
Generic Sig goes here

Quote from: Led on June 07, 2017, 02:22:03 PM
Are you using dedicated server software to host LAN mode (not sure if that even exists for xbox)?

I have not been able to find any dedicated server software similar to what was available for the PC and PS2 versions. Our intent is to run the game on the 7th console in dedicated server mode. We have tested it using both dedicated and non-dedicated server.

could you send me the exe or whatever xbox equivalent there is for the game?  I am not likely to be able to fix that issue, but I can see if there are any hidden command line switches that could do something.

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on June 07, 2017, 11:12:14 PM
edit:  There is no need to quote his entire post.

So this is probably a game glitch.Are they all patched up to the last software update?That could be the problem as the last update could of had a pile of glitches.I'm sure it's possible revert the games to an old version and you can see what happens from there.
xbox live for OG xbox games is gone, any updates to the game would be impossible without a modded xbox (it might even have to actually be an xbox, and not just a 360, idk)

led are you asking for server files or the contents of the game disk?

Quote from: Ltin on June 09, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

led are you asking for server files or the contents of the game disk?

I think it would be the xbe file that executes the game.

Quote from: Ltin on June 06, 2017, 10:26:19 AM
sounds similar to an issue i had trying to get an xbone controller to work w/ swbfII on PC

have you tried messing with sensitivity/dead zone settings (idk if those are settings you can change on xbox)

We had our first LAN party last weekend. I did lower the X and Y sensitivity to 1 and that seemed to fix the issue of the droideka being locked in one direct when in ball mode. Now he can steer. We still have the issue with the player moving forward and to the right with every button click. Makes it quite dangerous when jumping across platforms on the Death Star.