Dedicated Server on Gameranger to Promote SWBFSpy

Started by Nova, September 16, 2016, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 16, 2016, 05:29:08 AM Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:01:44 PM by Nova
I will be hosting a dedicated server on gameranger today my room will be the SWBFGamer: Hoth,Deathstar,Genosis
I can also run a room in SWBFSpy lobby's as well same time but it will consume my PC resources so will just run 1 server at a time hope to see some new players for the SWBFSpy soon

A foot note:  I cant get my announcements to work on my SM sry

I would advise you to use a more alluring server title like low ping or something. Most people already go to the other servers because they know they work. Need to have something other servers don't even if you lie about it because low ping isn't factual

Yes that is true. I shut the server down for now, getting crashed to easy plus want  to work on my lag issues also

Do you "home host" or use a company to do it for you? If you want a good hosting service, use NFO servers. Funnily enough that company actually hosts this website and I believe the SWBFSpy mastersevrer if I'm not mistaken

Quote from: Jean on September 17, 2016, 12:09:07 AM
Do you "home host" or use a company to do it for you? If you want a good hosting service, use NFO servers. Funnily enough that company actually hosts this website and I believe the SWBFSpy mastersevrer if I'm not mistaken
not this website

I've used NFO to host gameservers since 2008.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hi I looked at that NFO looks interesting I will have to wait till end of Month to order it most of my issue are with Gameranger though not SWBFSpy I am running Fiber Optic internet 50 up 50 down but I have to use a VPN to use Gameranger it sucks the life out of my Internet speeds

If you have fiber, you should be fine to host at home.  Be sure to do your portforwarding.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks yes I am on the SWBFSpy rooms now and hosting now plus its showing on the Game tracker website awesome sauce

Quote from: Nova on September 17, 2016, 10:50:39 AM
Thanks yes I am on the SWBFSpy rooms now and hosting now plus its showing on the Game tracker website awesome sauce

Where do you live?

Hi Jean. I live in the Central USA my Internet is CDE Lightband Fiber optic 50 up 50 down speed

You're that guy who hosted that GameRanger fiber optic server? lol....

You're Huggs then right? Your server is the one titled "FibreOptic 50/50 Low Ping no Bot"? My username on here is the same as it is in-game, was playing on your server a little while ago. :wave: At any rate, do you have any ideas on how to keep that cheeky bugger from crashing your server? Hopefully people like that aren't too persistent, your server is fun. :D
"Join the empire they said, see the galaxy...riiiiiiiiight."

- jaded stormtrooper

September 17, 2016, 06:54:36 PM #12 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:34:28 PM by oldsnake
it seems the swbf2 servers get crashed alot does not matter what time of day it is. i find it more fun to play on the lan server. my server is always getting crashed text below happens.
Jean: hi
Jean: is this your server
Jean: ??
Jean: is this your server
Jean:  j
Jean:  j
(PFA)SNAKE: yeah
ADMIN: Server has been compromised! Oh no!
Jean: lol

is there any way to fix this?

September 17, 2016, 07:18:53 PM #13 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:53:56 PM by Jean
Um.... I wasn't there wtf :o.

Did you get a look at the dude's ping? Mine is usually anywhere from 60 to 100 on American servers and 160 to 190 on European servers.

Did you get a look at the dude's ping? no i never got any info from the server. crashes super fast every time this happens :td: