SWBF Days - Last Saturday of every month

Started by {PLA}gdh92, October 30, 2013, 11:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Are we having it today or did I miss it?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

It's happening now. There were 15 people on CloudCity earlier but then Tunngle crashed so the servers had to be reset. People are playing again now though.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

What People? Theres only one person on BF1 right now.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Are these scheduled meets still going on?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

They are still going but I haven't posted around other forums lately. To be honest there's people playing every weekend now anyway which was the whole aim so I haven't been trying to get people so much.

The only thing I'm aiming for now is for any players who retire to agree to try and come back on these days so everyone can still meet up months or years from now. That's the plan anyway. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I would try to meet up this Victoria Day weekend, but unfortunately after having recently gone back to SWBF (by recent, I mean incredibly brief), I've found my laptop is not as strong as it once was. I almost got a full match in on my laptop before it yet again, overheated. I'm so mad that I don't have my old refurbished tower back either. If I had decided to reinstall XP sooner, I probably would've had a decent rig to run SWBF on, since that was the tower I used 3 years ago to play SWBF on. It wasn't always the best, but that may have been because it was before my parents replaced our 12-year old modem. Who knows? Maybe when I get that machine back, I'l be able to actually play SWBF on a decent machine again, and even some SWBFII for my clan. :)

I know I haven't done much with this for a while but I was asked about this today and if people think it's worth it we could try and do another big push to get players on over Christmas (and on the last Saturday of months).
I know it's a way off but if anyone wants to get this spread around I think that with Gamemaster it will be a lot easier to get old players back. let me know if you have any ideas on where to advertise. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 19, 2014, 07:03:36 AM
I know I haven't done much with this for a while but I was asked about this today and if people think it's worth it we could try and do another big push to get players on over Christmas (and on the last Saturday of months).
I know it's a way off but if anyone wants to get this spread around I think that with Gamemaster it will be a lot easier to get old players back. let me know if you have any ideas on where to advertise. :)
Good idea, Led should send a PM to all members of this site (I think they're emailed to you by default, right?).

Quote from: Joseph on October 19, 2014, 07:29:04 AM
Good idea, Led should send a PM to all members of this site (I think they're emailed to you by default, right?).
I dont think he'll do this...
(Just saying)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

October 19, 2014, 10:46:05 AM #25 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:48:35 AM by Joseph
Quote from: Anyder on October 19, 2014, 08:42:33 AM
I dont think he'll do this...
(Just saying)
It should be easy for him to mass PM everyone. If he doesn't want to for some reason, then we could still do it by dividing the 2500 members among ~10 of us, it would then only take each person about 20-25 minutes of work. 

Let me see how it would work.

I am sure it is possible, but I know I don't have an "email all" button :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks--I am tied up today, but I will compose an email as soon as I can.

We should have a few topics in it.

Should we try for a mini-tournament over the holidays?

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Sounds like a good idea to put as much information as possible so we don't have to send multiple emails. A tournament over Christmas would be nice as well but I think the emphasis should be on a day to just play. I think sometimes tournaments can put off new and casual players from joining the server because they don't all want to read the rules.