Dark Trooper Championship 2014

Started by Phobos, August 23, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 07, 2014, 12:28:38 AM #45 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:49:07 AM by Phobos
Attachment: Here are the mission.lvl for normal duel server and one for brutal domination.

C:\SWBF-server\FC-Training-Server\AddOn\DTC\Data\_lvl_pc

You have to change the mission.lvl in this folder to play in the server. Default mission in singleplayer is 1v2, the other is meant for 2v7 or 3v7 online but can be played as 1v7 in singleplayer. I recommend copying your tat2.lvl and using a hex editor to null out cp1_capture so that your team cannot lose the Warehouse CP.

November 09, 2014, 03:52:08 AM #46 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:15:37 AM by Phobos
I have discovered a way to disable the sky darkening effect on unit models!  :cheers:
This is most noticeable on darker maps, but even on stock Mos Eisley you can clearly see the difference, the texture loads in game exactly as it looks in MSH viewer now.

DTC.lvl side replacement attached for those who want the mod.

Woah that's an impressive difference!

That is a nice difference. Good find, Phobos!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Thanks, this was discovered when editing the endor_treebillboard msh. In the 4th space after HTRAB values for each TGA reference is where transparency settings are controlled. Default is 00, transparency is 04 and 08. What I tested was 18 and 19. These values remove the darkening effect of the world sky lighting values, and enable transparency. 18 is preferred for single sided transparency, 19 is double sided. It works on any MSH file so I will add this feature to the NLD v1.1 patch.

Quote from: Phobos on November 09, 2014, 08:01:50 AM
Thanks, this was discovered when editing the endor_treebillboard msh. In the 4th space after HTRAB values for each TGA reference is where transparency settings are controlled. Default is 00, transparency is 04 and 08. What I tested was 18 and 19. These values remove the darkening effect of the world sky lighting values, and enable transparency. 18 is preferred for single sided transparency, 19 is double sided. It works on any MSH file so I will add this feature to the NLD v1.1 patch.

I was wrong. 18 does not disable the darkening as much as 19, you should use 19 instead. Here is a patched DTC.lvl as separate attachment for comparison. This one is super white.

Quote from: Phobos on November 09, 2014, 12:21:26 PM
This one is super white.

Eventually they are going to be so white its a sparkling white glowing ball of total domination
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

looks like the ELO system is becoming more and more accurate props for applying that rating system to this game

Quote from: Midsagital on November 11, 2014, 12:57:25 PM
looks like the ELO system is becoming more and more accurate props for applying that rating system to this game

Indeed, and I didn't even know what the Elo system was until just before I was apart of this. Cool stuff!

*** I hate to be a bugger, but I just want to remind all the entrants that there is only 4 days left for this week's duels! Next reminder from me will come on the 24-Hour mark for this week!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Rep Com, are you still in the tournament?

November 12, 2014, 05:14:25 PM #56 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:34:05 PM by Black Water
I've gotten no response from anythingpos... Oh, and I can't see the server. They're on gamemaster right? I see one FC server and all UEF servers.

November 12, 2014, 08:08:35 PM #57 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:11:18 PM by RepubliqueCmdr
I cannot make anything next week since I'll be out of town again.. I should have known this would happen.
It'll be even more crazy during Thanksgiving and Christmas time, since I've moved away from most of my extended family (I honestly don't know why we can't just chop a turkey up and eat it here.)

I'll try to work something out. I might could be open later on tomorrow.

If u see fc servers u MUST see DTC server as it is hosted in the same virtual server lol
If not (odd thing) try using xfire
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Black Water on November 12, 2014, 05:14:25 PM
I've gotten no response from anythingpos... Oh, and I can't see the server. They're on gamemaster right? I see one FC server and all UEF servers.
I think you should be able to see the servers now. Let me know if they're still invisible.