How to play Star Wars Battlefront (I) in Windows 8.1? (SOLVED)

Started by CardellB, January 28, 2017, 02:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry for the inconvenience people... I forgot to install the patches. Just installed patch 1.2 and it now works on this PC (note: 1.0 works on the other one, but smh the patch fixed it on this one)

Thanks everybody <3

Well, the subject speaks for itself...

EDIT: I tried it in a PC with an AMD Graphics card + CPU and it worked... But on my with intel and NVidia it always CTDs... (in other words, the problem is not Windows 8.1)

Anyone knows any possible solutions for this?

Everytime I try to launch Battlefront I in my Windows 8.1 computer, it instantly crashes to desktop (with the usual message "Battlefront.exe has stopped working".

I already tried running it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and admin mode, but none worked...

Thanks in advance  :tu:

It has worked for others that use 8.1.   You might try installing it with an account named "Administrator".  I know your current account has administrator privileges, but windows sometimes does what it does...and not what it should.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It has worked for me, and I use Windows 10!
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Led on January 28, 2017, 05:57:28 AM
It has worked for others that use 8.1.   You might try installing it with an account named "Administrator".  I know your current account has administrator privileges, but windows sometimes does what it does...and not what it should.

Thanks Led  ;)

I tried it on another Win 8.1 PC but with different hardware and it worked... (but it still does not work on mine)

I guess it has something to do either with NVidia/Intel or G-Sync/75Hz...
(I know that Battlefield 2142 did not work correctly in my computer because of the refresh ratio, so I guess it might be the problem with SWBF too...

Thanks man!  :tu: