Hello

Started by Shaking_Sniper, May 25, 2017, 02:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 25, 2017, 02:24:00 AM Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:27:27 AM by Shaking_Sniper
Hello good people of SWBF Gamers, As you can see, i'm a newbie.Now that the got the awkward part done,i shall continue to give out my specs of my computer.

I'm using a mid-2007 20in. iMac
Specs:
Intel core duo 2ghz
ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128mb
6GB RAM (4 or which i can use,2 used up for system)
And OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

Yes,that is correct.Played Bf2 on PLayOnMac(more user-friendly than wine.) but could not get over the horrendously long loading times.So got a cider port from a friend.I have just installed SWBF1 thanks to Kit Fisto's guide(thank you by the way...)And also have a ported SW Republic Commando.Trying to get Gameranger to work in PlayOnMac so that i can play on servers ( as mac gameranger does not recognize windows games).If anybody can help, i would really appreciate it.

I am a lover of FPS's(though I generally suck at them)and love World of Tanks too(I play the blitz version on Steam because my computer can't handle the PC version)

And thank Led for welcoming me to the SWBf gamers

P.S. Chrome is starting to warn me over and over again that this website is not safe and is riddled with hackers.Marked as dangerous.getting scared now.

Chrome-"Attackers on this site may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards)."
Generic Sig goes here

May 25, 2017, 03:28:09 AM #1 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:32:47 AM by Linux user Awesome
Welcome  :cheers:

I'm so glad there are other non-windows users out there
I use Linux.

and I think this website Is probally fine. (Its probally the SSL / https it dosn't have. )

what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Welcome!   :cheers:

Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on May 25, 2017, 02:24:00 AM
P.S. Chrome is starting to warn me over and over again that this website is not safe and is riddled with hackers.Marked as dangerous.getting scared now.

Chrome-"Attackers on this site may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards)."

Fake warning from Google.  Google is pushing SSLs, which would double the cost of site.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on May 25, 2017, 03:28:09 AM
Welcome  :cheers:

I'm so glad there are other non-windows users out there
I use Linux.

and I think this website Is probally fine. (Its probally the SSL / https it dosn't have. )

what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

I would rather not tell but my country is kinda lax about this stuff.Accept using a VPN for inappropriate things.
Generic Sig goes here

May 26, 2017, 01:08:26 AM #4 Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:11:16 AM by Linux user Awesome
Okay that is fine.
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer