New Online Player

Started by I am the Senate, April 12, 2017, 11:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys,

A few months ago, me and a friend of mine started playing SWBF2 online together. You may have seen me around as "I am the Senate". I came to this game because of how disappointing EA Star Wars Battlefront is and how great I remembered this game. I have had a lot of fun playing online lately and would like to help coordinate/join servers with other players. My friend and I are willing to play, along with a mutual friend who we are going to help set up over the summer. Essentially, I'm trying to bring 3 players into the community who enjoyed this game on PS2 and have fun filled battles online.

I have other things I would like to do such as create a dedicated server on Linux (Specifically Debian via wine), SWBF3 Legacy Mod battles (When Finished), and Sky to Ground Map Pack mod battles. However, I do not have the time to do this all right now.

Anyways, I hope to contribute to this community and play with or against you online.

Welcome  :cheers:

Don't hesitate to ask for any help. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

"Not yet!"

Welcome to the battlefield, soldier.  :huzzah:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

April 12, 2017, 03:59:50 PM #3 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:03:34 PM by Linux user Awesome
welcome to the site.  :happy:

unfortunately I can't play SWBF2 online. I use linux and the load times in wine are too slow for me to join.  :(
I can only play swbf1 online but thats all I mostly play anyway. if I ever get swbf2 to be able to join an online server
i'l play a game or two with you.  :happy:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Welcome to SWBFGamers !  :cheers: :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Linux user Awesome on April 12, 2017, 03:59:50 PM
welcome to the site.  :happy:

unfortunately I can't play SWBF2 online. I use linux and the load times in wine are too slow for me to join.  :(
I can only play swbf1 online but thats all I mostly play anyway. if I ever get swbf2 to be able to join an online server
i'l play a game or two with you.  :happy:
What linux distro do you use? Id certainly take you up on that challenge. I also might get SWBF1 over summer if i see a steam sale. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

Ah, you should note that SWBF1 is not on steam.  You have to get a DVD edition (ebay or amazon.com are good sources).

:cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 13, 2017, 09:59:24 AM #7 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:50:06 PM by Anyder
*Not cool*. I always just though since they have SWBF2, they would have 1 as well since they are both made by Lucas Arts.

Edit by Anyder: Watch your language, please.