Common and Shell Builder (2020 Revised)

Started by Dark_Phantom, June 07, 2020, 05:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 07, 2020, 05:40:14 PM Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:34:21 PM by Dark_Phantom
Common and Shell Builder (2020 Revised)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1552

I reuploaded these not long ago, but with the release of the Steam/GOG multiplayer update, it made sense to do this.  If there are any errors, let me know.

Same as the traditional builders - edit your files, save them, then munge.  Your compiled file will be in _LVL_PC.  How this differs is that you need to select a version to munge for.  Mungeshellgog.bat will select the correct files for the GOG/Steam version of the game.  MungeShell will select the correct files for the disc version.  Both should work out of the box with no edits.

I recommend if munging for different versions you run cleanXXX.bat (you should probably do this after every munge anyway).

FOR GOG/STEAM VERSION:
Current version (same download link has been updated) has ALL the shell and common scripts for the GOG version correct to probably 99% accuracy.  The "Premunged" folder is still included in case of emergency, and still will automatically take precedence over any other version of a file for GOG to prevent breakage (but it's currently empty. Make sure you are using the correct munge for your version.

Credits:
Pandemic Studios - mod tools
Psych0fred - mod tools assistance and scripts
tirpider - documentation on lua bytecode creation (for manually reversing compiled scripts)
Led - SWBFgamers.com and SWBFSpy.com hosting, tutorials, and assistance
Dark_Phantom - Put it together

update 1 released 6/21/2020
update 2 released 7/10/2020
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thank you for sharing this :tu:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Is it possible for the shell and common builder for the steam and gog verions to have the freecam option and restore tutorial movies.
also including exit to mutiplayer as well?

June 10, 2020, 08:34:07 PM #3 Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:07:52 AM by Dark_Phantom
First order of business.  I forgot an important folder so those of you who have downloaded this, please check the initial post... I attached a folder called premunged, which goes in the same place as the _BUILD_PC, _LVL_PC, munges, etc.  For new downloads, I fixed the download to have the folder.  My bad - sorry for the inconvenience (you may have noticed the Steam version and 1.2 version were almost exactly the same).

@Roguejedi66 and others
This is the first step to an unofficial userpatch that SWBFgamers will issue for BF1.  I will put a WIP announcement out when the time is right, but know there is stuff in the works for BF1 in the future.  For your specific questions:
1.) Someone told me that Freecam didn't work in the steam version, but I have not tried it. -This is false
2.) Tutorial movies did not exist in the PC version.  I have rebuilt and released them here, but it's one of the things on the list for the patch, as well as the "Unlockable" videos that were also only present on console.
3.) Exit from multiplayer can be added quickly, added to the list.

The reason this is the first step is that with the release of the Steam/GOG version, I wanted compatible builders for the patch branch, the idea being that I could add new functionality/change functionality to either/both versions and still use the same munger.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Nice work.
Thanks to everybody involved  ;)

Update 1 released.  I have updated the main download.
If you have already downloaded it, you need to delete all the files in Premunged\shell\  and then extract and place the GOGscripts folder in the same place as scripts,msh,etc.  I have attached the GOGscripts folder below.

I have reversed every shell.lvl script for Steam/GOG, and am now moving on to the common.lvl scripts.  If you notice any errors, let me know.  It seemed to run fine in my test but I always miss something.

Side note: part of the 1.4 userpatch will be implementing some of the Steam/GOG code.  I obviously can't use the AspectRatio callbacks or the GetIFScale callbacks, but some stuff that I should be able to implement is slightly better controller support (I think?) and also fix a couple of weird glitches.
I am super tempted to believe that the 1.3 beta version from 2005 had scripts that went with it that were not packaged in (1.3 beta release was just an exe) or were added in to improve the Xbox One version.  One of the silly things I noted was that the 1.2 PC menu glitch on the missionselect screen was fixed in the steam version.

this is very interesting will the 1.4 userpatch support an custom campaign trough the addon system ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

I'm going to make an attempt to circumvent the addon system for 1.2 because of the 50 map limit.

if thats possible that would be great. thank you for sticking with battlefront 1 modding , lets keep the game alive for alteast another 10 years. :cheers:
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

An update?  Yes!
Current version (same download link has been updated) has ALL the shell and common scripts for the GOG version correct to probably 99% accuracy.  The "Premunged" folder is still included in case of emergency, and still will automatically take precedence over any other version of a file for GOG to prevent breakage (but it's currently empty. Make sure you are using the correct munge for your version.

This also issues a fix where I most definitely did miss an important texture in the common.lvl builder that nobody caught.  For those of you that use your 360/Xbox One controller with Steam, you will notice that I actually included the texture for the controller this time.  8)

My desire was to make these as close to stock as possible, and that is finished (unless someone finds something broken). 

Great work!  :tu: I've been using these with my recent mods and I haven't noticed issues.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base