Start of my New Weapon Sound Change

Started by MoonDeity, March 29, 2020, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is the beginning of my mod for Battlefront II to just change the weapon sounds so I wont effect the remaster mods I had installed. There were a few sounds that annoyed me, mainly the clone blaster rifle.

So far youll find ive changed: Clone blaster rifle and pistol, Clone Chaingun, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Bowcaster, CIS SBD Blaster, CIS Pistol, Rocket Launcher, Small Turret and maybe another one somewhere but I cant recall.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/weapon-sound-change/addons/weapons-sound-change-20
"Im just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe"

It would be nice to know where these sound effects came from.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

March 31, 2020, 08:06:21 AM #2 Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:08:05 AM by swgaming1015
Quote from: Giftheck on March 30, 2020, 02:35:07 PM
It would be nice to know where these sound effects came from.

Why does it matter? For legal reasons? If so, is that an issue? Because the file isn't hosted here, it's hosted on another website. So surely the blame wouldn't rest with SWBFGamers.

Also, Star Wars sound effects are the same. So who cares if the DC-15 sound comes from an old video game or if it comes from the Clone Wars TV show. Either way, it's the same sound right?

March 31, 2020, 09:09:04 AM #3 Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:11:11 AM by Giftheck
Quote from: swgaming1015 on March 31, 2020, 08:06:21 AM
Why does it matter? For legal reasons? If so, is that an issue? Because the file isn't hosted here, it's hosted on another website. So surely the blame wouldn't rest with SWBFGamers.

Also, Star Wars sound effects are the same. So who cares if the DC-15 sound comes from an old video game or if it comes from the Clone Wars TV show. Either way, it's the same sound right?

If the sound is sourced from the EA games, you can't share links here. You participated in that discussion IIRC.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12177.0
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

March 31, 2020, 09:19:26 AM #4 Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:24:00 AM by swgaming1015
lol completely forgot I was part of that discussion.

Having said that, I don't see anywhere in that thread where it says that links to other mods are banned. It just says this site will not host them. But I'm sure the links rule is somewhere else.

Either way this mod is probably allowed because all the weapons sound effects were all in the Lego games, Republic Heroes and probably other Star Wars games that I'm forgetting.

I know Republic Heroes isn't technically covered by the ELUA. But there's so many assets on Gametoast from that game. Not to mention mods that make use of the voice files. So I guess they have different rules over there?

Also, the Clone Wars Mod from i2Bros used all those models and was hosted on here.

Even if not for legal reasons, crediting locations where and who files and tools came from is appropriate and expected.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I apologize if I did something wrong. Also I did thank SWBFGamers but no one specifically because I dove head first into this and forgot the names so I apologize and will credit who helped me but if there is a legal issue do people want to be credited? lol anyways this is the latest https://www.moddb.com/mods/weapon-sound-change

Giftheck are you the same person as Gistech? anyways I credited you guy. Thanks again, I couldnt of done it without what you provided. Your magical people that grant wishes  :xmastim:

Quote from: clsallenbach on April 01, 2020, 10:03:13 AM
Giftheck are you the same person as Gistech? anyways I credited you guy. Thanks again, I couldnt of done it without what you provided. Your magical people that grant wishes  :xmastim:

Yes, gistech is my old username.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Okay so has anyone ever had a problem where there is sound everywhere except on Felucia there isnt any sound effects? you can hear the environment noises and everything else but no sound effects and its only on Felucia...Also will using the disc version instead of steam fix problems like this? Is it just steams version that seems to be a buggy pos or the game itself?

I had same problem only then when custom sound lvl had more than 8mb size also Dagobah for GCW and Kashyyyk