Impacts on map

Started by Dread_, September 24, 2015, 01:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What's Happening, guys,

I was wondering whether I can use the geo_prop_splash and the attached effect from BF2 in BF1, cos in game no effects are showing up, but they use the same data-type .fx and .odf, so why's nothing showing up? Is it because the effect is an explosion and not something like a waterspout or a flame, like do you have to Loop it or something to have repetitive Impacts on the map, inseatd of just one single explosion without any more following or do you have to include it in the world.fx file? Sorry really confused here...Help would be appreciated!

I once stuck on the same problem.However i found out that you need to edit the fx file in particle editor.When you open the file in particle editor you see the effect and on the left side there is a option bar with timer.I haven't open particle editor for some time and i dont remember really how everything was but im pretty sure there was some sort of loop option where you can make your effect to repeat himself from time to time just like the geonosis explosions in the sky in Battlefront 2.

I think, SWBF1 doesn't support explosion delay loop fx. Only invisible autoturrets can handle with this task.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

@Ginev: thanks for the contribution, did you actually got the problem solved, like are you using the edited .fx on any of your maps? I am familiar with the PE, just never thought of actually having to edit the explosions there, but I guess that and Sereja's answer show why the original .fx from BF2 don't appear in game.

@Sereja: you mean having invisible .msh that are set up as autoturrets via odf which are placed around the map, or the area you want the explosions in? Would you mind expanding on that a Little bit further? thanks for the idea, anyway :cheers: